News Talkback >> 2006 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Ronn
User

Reged: Thu
Loc: Seminole, FL
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Ronn]
      #66748 - Mon Jun 12 2006 11:11 PM

We are experiencing our first TS force gusts here in Seminole in Pinellas County. We just gusted to 40mph and we are still awaiting the arrival of the next squall. St. Petersburg recently reported a gust of 41mph, and Egmont Key reported 45mph. I think that the winds will get a little stronger during the early morning hours and we may see peak gusts of 50-55mph.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Nateball
Weather Watcher

Reged: Thu
Loc: Tarpon Springs FL
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Ronn]
      #66751 - Mon Jun 12 2006 11:22 PM

46 mph just reported here in Clearwater area, getting the strongest winds so far right now

Bill-n-StPeteFL
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sat
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Nateball]
      #66752 - Mon Jun 12 2006 11:31 PM

Is it a fair assumption, by looking at the radar, that the rain event is about over for the Tampa area?

VandyBrad
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Bryan, TX
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Bill-n-StPeteFL]
      #66762 - Tue Jun 13 2006 12:03 AM

Rain picking up in Gainesville the last 30 minutes or so. I guess we'll see more of the same throughout the night.

--------------------
Brad Shumbera

VandyBrad
Weather Hobbyist

Loc: Bryan, TX
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: VandyBrad]
      #66787 - Tue Jun 13 2006 02:07 AM

Almost 2 inches of rain on campus since midnight and no sign of it stopping anytime soon. Pressure has steadily dropped over the last 12 hours. Peak wind gust in Gainesville so far registered at 24 mph.

--------------------
Brad Shumbera

Yardboy
Unregistered

Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: VandyBrad]
      #66791 - Tue Jun 13 2006 05:15 AM

Jacksonville - 5.15am - very heavy rains alternating with medium-to-light rains all night, has just let up and gone pretty quiet in last 20 mins or so.

Jesus Freak

Reged: Tue
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Yardboy]
      #66794 - Tue Jun 13 2006 06:54 AM

Jacksonville - 6:50am. Very steady rain currently. Seems to have backed off since 4am when it was raining so hard it woke me up. Not much wind to speak of yet; according to weather.com that will pick up throughout the day and peak around 6PM. JEA's website shows about 20 power outages in the area with 13k customers out. We appear to be faring well here while receiving some much-needed rain.

--------------------
Looking for a new diet?
0 Carbs - 0 Fat - 100% Real Food
Jesus said, "I am the bread of life." - John 6:35 [NKJV]

Chad
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Citrus County, Fla.
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Jesus Freak]
      #66795 - Tue Jun 13 2006 07:10 AM

North Citrus Cnty...it's been quiet the last couple hours, winds are just now picking up...only 10-15mph with gusts to maybe 20.
Rapid due north cloud movement, quite a few breaks showing blue sky.
No rain since around 3am.

Kimberley Clark
Weather Watcher

Reged: Wed
Loc: Mobile, Alabama
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Chad]
      #66821 - Tue Jun 13 2006 11:16 AM

Just thought I'd throw this out there for the Mobile County, Alabama area. Just to show how these storms effect such a wide area, yesterday afternoon/evening Dauphin Island, Alabama (south Mobile County) had water over the streets and cars/people were having to move to higher ground. This would not be such an event except for the fact that this is a Tropical Storm many many miles away. The island took a big punch from all of the storms last year. My favorite meteorologist, John Edd Thompson, from FOX 10 News lost his house last year. Keep all the others in your thoughts and prayers and never forget to count your blessings.

As far as North Mobile County, where I live, we only had a Thunderstorm warning and some really bad lightning and strong rain from feeder bands waaaay away from the storm. Thankfully, these storms diminished as they moved to the South where most of my family lives, including my beautiful (yes, he's beautiful) new grandson, Skylar Anthony Pitt. I'll make sure he pays attention to the weather when he gets older!! I had my little 13 month old friend, Autumn, out in the night last night and she saw the lightning and I said "listen" and she listened and heard the thunder. Then, I told her how important it is to go inside when storms are coming. I know, a little young there, however, you might as well bring them up right, huh? Weather people are good folks in my opinion.

Here's to a safe season and I probably won't post too much, just read and envelope all of the knowledge found on this website. Also, if my husband ever gets disability, I want to make a contribution to the site. I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Kimberley Clark
Mobile, Alabama

Weather Watcher

Littlebit
Weather Watcher

Reged: Fri
Loc: Plant City, FL
Re: Alberto Condition Reports [Re: Kimberley Clark]
      #66868 - Tue Jun 13 2006 04:30 PM

Coming in a bit late with this report. That's because we had a wind gust at 3:38 this morning of only 24 mph and the transformer in our front yard blew up. A little scary (ok, alot) to be woken up by a transformer blowing. So, we're probably the only home in Plant City without power! Geez, I'd hate to see a direct hit! Anyway, on generator power now waiting for TECO. Still very breezy here. The rain seems to be gone, but still a little overcast.

Here's to a safe season for everyone.

Donna

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 22392

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 29, 2024, 4:07:38 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center