News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
WXMAN RICHIE
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: Boynton Beach, FL
DEPRESSION ALREADY?????
      #2333 - Sat Aug 31 2002 11:58 AM

Visible satellite images indicate that the area of disturbed weather centered about 180 miles east-northeast of the northern Bahamas is becoming better organized. A reconnaissance plane will be in the area this afternoon to determine if a tropical depression has formed. This system is moving slowly toward the west-northwest.

--------------------
Another typical August:
Hurricane activity is increasing and the Red Sox are choking.

Live weather from my backyard:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLBOYNT4

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl
Re: DEPRESSION ALREADY?????
      #2334 - Sat Aug 31 2002 12:49 PM

As I posted in this forum yesterday, this area was a favorite of Bastardi, and I noted as the mid atlantic trough develops at about 65w a ridge would strengthen west of that, I think the bahamas system has a 50/50 chance to go...the sat pics. suggest mostly westward movement. EDS

--------------------
doug

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: invest 94L
      #2335 - Sat Aug 31 2002 01:07 PM

what is lyons on TWC lookin at, he says its moving nw going to go to carolinas, and he says its not doin to much. its heading mostly west and becoming better organized. miss john hope on TWC. lyons is pretty poor.

doug
Weather Analyst

Loc: parrish,fl
      #2336 - Sat Aug 31 2002 01:16 PM

just looked at long term sat loops and the bahamas system is moving wnw over the long period; also the latest floater picture on visible mode surely spells trouble for dolly...the shear machine seems to be in force there from the visible evidence. EDS.

--------------------
doug

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2431 - Sun Sep 01 2002 10:47 AM

Dont know what Lyons is looking at...no I do. He is looking at the official forecast and statement. Maybe they should forget about paying him and just scroll the latest NHC info across the bottom of the screen.

Maybe they could let Cantore or someone else there who likes to explain what is going on and let Lyons rest.. I don't turn on TWC to see what my weather radio says. I want MORE.

And... someone there just said "strong fetch should be felt along the florida coast" or something like that...words not exact.. like is that the possible understatment of the year and dolly showed RAPID intensification on my sats tho it seems I am able to do 3 things onloine at once and Lyons cant.

Ya know

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 11178

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated May 2, 2024, 1:23:26 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center