News Talkback >> 2002 News Articles and Talkback

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Alan
Unregistered

NW Orange County
      #2744 - Wed Sep 04 2002 06:53 PM

1.2 inches of rain in Apopka so far today. That's from one band of rain. Cloudy. really calm

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kevin
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: EC Florida
Re: Weather now in SW Seminole County, Florida
      #2745 - Wed Sep 04 2002 07:29 PM

Latest report:
Cloudy with moderate to heavy rain
Winds gusting to 15 mph
BP: 1001.1 mb and falling
There was rain earlier and now we're having some more. If this trend continues I expect two or three quarter inches of rain by sunrise. Squalls continue to increase in frequency and intensity.

Kevin

Mary K.
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
      #2746 - Wed Sep 04 2002 07:35 PM

Parts of Polk County getting floodiing rains. We had 3inches of rain in our guage between the last post at 6 and 7 pm. We have not had any let up and another noisy thunder storm is firing up. So it is just a little more rain than usual....

--------------------
weather is all you can count on, good or bad.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2747 - Wed Sep 04 2002 08:44 PM

YEs DIG ON THAT FOOT BALL !!! ED IZ DEAD!

Anonymous
Unregistered

GFDL 18Z - 2 Texas Hits? 3?
      #2748 - Wed Sep 04 2002 09:17 PM

LOL. GFDL's take on 96L is that it moves in over S TX and quickly heads off into the netherworld. In the Edouard 18Z, it takes Ed right over Houston. At the same time, it develops something over the BOC and SE FL.

Don't know how it's all gonna work out, but at least there's stuff in the hopper.

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: GFDL 18Z - 2 Texas Hits? 3?
      #2749 - Wed Sep 04 2002 09:33 PM

http://www.net-waves.net/weather/tropics.php

Killer site that is updated again. For the TX people, click on 96L Invest or Fay (tomorrow). Got all the TPC model plots.

Steve

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

Loc: Pearland,Tx
Steve
      #2750 - Wed Sep 04 2002 09:56 PM

I don't know what to make of all of this. My heart wants to say ,yea, something is going to "pop" with this one,yet my head tells me that there have been so many of these lately that were in this same position and failed to deliver.The convection had died down with it earlier in the evening but on the last loop I noticed there seems to be a burst of convection that has appeared pretty close to where the center would be. All I know is that it certainly has the eye of all the local mets. here because it is the top story on all the news casts.This is a wait and see type of situation and it is making me crazy.

ShawnS

Jason M
Weather Watcher

Loc: New Orleans
GOM Development/Edouard Update
      #2752 - Wed Sep 04 2002 10:00 PM

I have updated all of the Atlantic forecast products @ Tropical Weather Watchers after being able to update the site over the last two days. While Edouard appears to be dissipating, we may have another area to watch! Chances of development in the western Gulf of Mexico does appear to be fairly likely. I have updated the Edouard discusssion ont he active storms discussion page and an update on the GOM and the rest of the basin on the detailed atlantic discussion page.

--------------------
http://www.independentwx.com

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: GOM Development/Edouard Update
      #2754 - Wed Sep 04 2002 11:26 PM

Oh god,,,chances in w gulf is like 5%.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Look out Central Florida (where I live!)
      #2755 - Wed Sep 04 2002 11:39 PM

The latest sat pix do look like some increase in thunderstorms and some tightening @96 Invest. Any thoughts?

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
feebs
      #2756 - Wed Sep 04 2002 11:53 PM

lessee.. thats bertha, 40mph tropical storm, and edouard, 40mph tropical storm. i shiver at the thought of what the next one will bring.
td edouard, if it keeps the wsw pace up (unlikely) could in theory be over the gulf tomorrow afternoon. for tonight the system will have to get by devoid of convection, so expect whatever reaches the west coast tomorrow to be moribund.
fay this, fay that. system 96L still hasnt focused a low level center, just broad turning and a semicircle of convection. the spot where the greatest surface turning is seems to be west of the upper ridge, so southerly shear is plowing overhead. shear is shear, no matter which way it comes from. have to see if the convection can reorganize tomorrow and try again.
95L throwing a bit more convection. maybe a depression tomorrow. my guess would be it turns north into the central atlantic trough anyhow.
system south of 95L very hard to pick up on. convection spotty but still around at times. moving into a favorable environment, so watching.
several of the globals develop the next african wave outright. pretty sharp upper trough in the far eastern atlantic.. makes this prog sort of iffy. think there is a pretty good chance it will try something.
that is the basin. overnight convection loss makes everything look less promising, more realistic.
HF 0348z05september

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2757 - Wed Sep 04 2002 11:54 PM

>>Oh god,,,chances in w gulf is like 5%.

Don't be a wuss. Even if you post anonymous, have a set of testicles and leave a calling card. Chances of gulf not firing are about 5%. The only thing missing right now are pressure falls, windspeed and a distince LLC. Every other ingredient is there. And even it if didn't form, there's a chance for COPIOUS rainfall amounts on the TX coast with a potentially stalled out system.

Be a man or a woman if you're going to be critical and stand up for your opinions.

Steve - yeah, the one in Old Metairie, LA!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2758 - Thu Sep 05 2002 01:32 AM

well Dolly went N as expected though I thought it would of made it to 55W and 20N but was off by 2'deg and passed way east of bermuda as expected.
Eduard downgraded to a TD should bring some moisture to w florida on Thurs as he gets downgraded to a wave very soon. Actually he barely had TS winds at all. Only a down burst of winds when recon was in 2 days ago did they find the winds near 65mph but was barely a TS the whole time due to the strong shear. So basically me calling him 35mph and not a TS would now confirm me saying 8 in the 7-8 storm forcast of the season with 2 cape verdes in which 1 has already happend, then next wont be till near the end of the month.
A possible TD forming from my old forcasted system out of the carribean 2 weeks ago that came into play yesterday picked up moisuture and is now becoming better organized, with strong ridge to its n i expect the TD to move into Mexico or very extreme S Texas later thurs night into friday, so I was 36 hours off from 2 weeks back.
What is next? Well dont believe always in the GFDL but the NOGAPS and avn is always 2 of the best models. In day 5 a system will break off from a front that will swing in the atlantic around a HUGE RIDGE over the SE US. It will gather strength and move W towards the bahamas early next week. After that there should be no real stoping it from becoming our first hurricane and this will be very simular to Andrew in location but a tad North of there. I expect this to cross florida by next weekend (not this) and go into the gulf then head N into the s gulf states.
Again no nead for alarm since this is 4-5 days out from starting,, all eyes in S texas should watch this possible TD and there is a slim chance it could make TS status but nether the less will bring alot of rains to Corpus south. Scottsvb Hurricaneupdatecenter

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2759 - Thu Sep 05 2002 01:34 AM

http://www.cira.colostate.edu/ramm/rmsdsol/RSOMAIN.HTML

Click on latest image IR. Mean blob of convection building @ 12:30am south of Lafayette/New Iberia. Feedback or pulse? Also, wave 'lost' @ 96 came back to life tonight in MX/TX.

Steve

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

#2760 - Thu Sep 05 2002 07:21 AM

As usual, I wake up this morning and what do I find......NOTHING! Looks like the same old song and dance. I'm beginning to wonder if we will even have a hurricane this year.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#2761 - Thu Sep 05 2002 07:40 AM

LOL. Convection about an hour later this morning, but it's cranking.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/gmex-ir4-loop.html

And based on NWS Radar N.O./BR, it's possible that some heavy rains could be in coastal LA and/or TX today. It's going to be interesting today to see if anything can wrap around one of the (apparent) multiple circulations down there.

Steve

ShawnS
Storm Tracker

#2762 - Thu Sep 05 2002 08:01 AM

However,I did notice that pressures at almost all the buoys out there are dropping. One I saw had a pressure of 29.82 and still dropping. Still doesn't seem to have a closed low,yet. I reaaly don't think it will ever happen. In fact, I'm wondering if the action pretty much stays over the water and just dies out right there without ever making it on shore.

Frank P
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Mon
      #2763 - Thu Sep 05 2002 08:10 AM

Old Eddie is a gone pecan... even if it survives the track across FL the NHC is projecting only a 20 mph system to affect the northern gulf coast later this weekend as the eastern GOM is going to blast it with even more high powered shear... Hey, he fought the good fight...... gee, this is our second tropical system (if this comes to fruition) that produced 20 mph winds and tides of 1 foot...

Western GOM looking better this am than last night... I think it will be the only real interesting game in town ... GOM buoy data indicates pressures lowest at 1010.7, so they are starting off lower today than what they were yesterday...... here's the link for a GOM buoy summary

http://www.ems.psu.edu/wx/buoydata/curr/gulfofmex.html

Anonymous
Unregistered

Fay & The European Model...
      #2764 - Thu Sep 05 2002 08:19 AM

If you beileve in tooth fairies, and the European model, Fay may become a depression on Monday. Here's the rather interesting link to Wed.'s model:

http://www.ecmwf.int/products/forecasts/d/charts/deterministic/world/msl_uv850_z500!Wind%20850%20and%20mslp!168!North%20America!12!pop!od!oper!public_plots!latest!/

Steve

Anonymous
Unregistered

Corpus Buoy
      #2765 - Thu Sep 05 2002 08:19 AM

29.81 and dropping.??

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: ****
Topic views: 22560

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated May 2, 2024, 6:48:24 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center