General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
cieldumortModerator

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Perky Late Season Atlantic: 90L, 91L, 92L [Re: Unregistered User]
      #90002 - Fri Oct 29 2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

any one know if 91L is pulling all that moisture from the fae se to east of the main area? meaning from 20-45 long.

The short answer is, yes. Invest 91L (Almost certainly Tomas very soon, if not already), is indeed tapping into that very long fetch of tropical moisture. You can actually make this out in today's visible satellite images. (LINK)

--------------------
Fully vaccinated as of May 2021
(Moderna x2)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
berrywr
Weather Analyst

Reged: Fri
Loc: Opelika, AL
Unofficially "Tomas" [Re: cieldumort]
      #90005 - Fri Oct 29 2010 02:49 PM

I took a look at the 29/12Z package this afternoon in-depth. The feature that stands out is the upper ridge that current resides in the extreme Eastern Caribbean and is parked right over the top of "Tomas". I'm shocked that NHC hasn't designated this system either Tropical or Subtropical given its satellite presentation. This upper ridge is expected to expand and remain across the entire Caribbean for the foreseeable future. The upper low currently at 23.0N and 69.5W is expected to lift out and shear immediately to the NW of the system will relax or at least shift farther away from "Tomas". Re-curvature will be in the Caribbean at some future date. I'm not going to speculate as to intensity; however as long as the upper high remains aloft over or near Tomas, Tomas may become a formidable hurricane for this late in the season. It is important to remember the calendar and what time of year it is. The spaces which a storm/hurricane must travel all few and far between given there will be dynamic (cold-core) lows aloft and adjacent frontal systems nearby and between these lows and highs aloft; shear.

--------------------
Sincerely,

Bill Berry

"Survived Trigonometry and Calculus I"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19567

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 19, 2024, 3:13:01 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center