General Discussion >> Hurricane History

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
MissBecky
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Ft. Myers, FL
15 Years Since Hurricane Charley
      #100010 - Tue Aug 13 2019 08:38 AM

Hard to believe it's been 15 years since Hurricane Charley hit SWFL. I remember vividly sitting in my living room, watching the endless radar loops, and thinking around 9:30 that the storm was not going to make it to Tampa; it had begun to turn. What had seemed like a neat day -- getting to watch a hurricane from a safe distance -- suddenly became very frightening. I had no shutters up, no real supplies laid in store. I hunkered down in an interior hallway with a battery-powered radio and my dog, and just hoped for the best. It was all I could do.

That was my first major hurricane, and boy did I learn a lot from the experience. I think only Irma was scarier.

Here's to all of us who rode out that storm, and another 15 years watching and learning from them.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5448

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 18, 2024, 6:02:42 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center