Archives 2020s >> 2022 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Owlguin
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Thu
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: JMII]
      #114334 - Tue Sep 27 2022 09:13 PM

SE Palm Beach County, constant tornado warnings and storms moving through with thunder and lightning.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Stork
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sun
Loc: Palm City, FL
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: Owlguin]
      #114338 - Tue Sep 27 2022 10:53 PM

Martin County is now in on the action that Broward and Palm Beach counties have been experiencing: downpours, thunder, lightning, tornado warning. I think when it’s all said and done we will exceed the pre-storm rainfall estimates.

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Reged: Mon
Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: Stork]
      #114345 - Wed Sep 28 2022 07:41 AM

Slow, steady, drizzly rain here in SW Seminole county.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

Personal Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLONGW67

Southern4sure
Weather Guru

Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #114346 - Wed Sep 28 2022 08:46 AM

Light and steady rain here in Pasco County, (West Central Florida)

JMII
Weather Master

Loc: Margate, Florida
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: Southern4sure]
      #114348 - Wed Sep 28 2022 09:22 AM

Rainy and breezy in NW Broward this AM. Winds ESE 15 gusting to 25. Over night several tornadoes were confirmed. Rainfall total is 3.6". As Ian is 145 miles due west of my location I assume unless we get a particularly nasty feeder band this about all I see from this storm thankfully. The few rain bands I see on radar are drying up before they reach me.

--------------------
South FL Native... experienced many tropical systems, put up the panels for:
David 79 - Floyd 87 - Andrew 92 - Georges 98 - Frances 04 - Wilma 05 - Matthew 16 - Irma 17
Lost our St James City rental property to Ian 22

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

#114349 - Wed Sep 28 2022 09:34 AM

Seminole county ordered evacuations for low lying areas and mobile homes.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

vineyardsaker
Weather Guru

Reged: Wed
Loc: New Smyrna Beach, FL
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #114352 - Wed Sep 28 2022 12:19 PM

So far, in New Smyrna Beach, only some rain and very little wind.
My biggest fear is the flooding. We had a very wet summer, lots of water everywhere, and now even more water...
If the NHC got it right, wind-wise we should not have hurricane force winds (even though we just got a hurricane warning)

--------------------
Charley(eyewall), Ivan, Jeanne, Dennis, Wilma, Irma, Ian (eyewall), Nicole

tinahdee

Loc: tampa
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #114353 - Wed Sep 28 2022 12:26 PM

East Tampa Metro, Zone E - occasional gusts of 20-25mph, drizzly light rain all morning, nothing earth shattering so far as of 12:25pm Wednesday.

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: tinahdee]
      #114355 - Wed Sep 28 2022 12:56 PM

Nice down pour with one thunder clap just ending here in Indian Harbor Beach Brevard County. The first couple of storms that rolled through early this morning cleaned all the dead debris in the palm trees out. Palm fronds everywhere you look laying around God have mercy on the southwest coast of our great state

cieldumortModerator

Loc: Austin, Tx
      #114356 - Wed Sep 28 2022 12:58 PM

Pinar del Rio, Cuba "Total desolation in La Coloma, Pinar del Río, after the passage of #HuracanIan. Without food, clean water or electricity, many wonder where the help of the authorities is." (Google translate)

cieldumortModerator

#114360 - Wed Sep 28 2022 01:45 PM

Mike Seidel (TWC) - This may be the worst hurricane I've ever covered. (Broadcasting live from Fort Myers)

That says it all.

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: cieldumort]
      #114361 - Wed Sep 28 2022 01:45 PM

My daughter's friend lives on Ft Myers Beach. Only the very top of their mailbox is visible.

--------------------

cieldumortModerator

#114362 - Wed Sep 28 2022 02:29 PM

Ian's impact in their .. airea

JMII
Weather Master

Re: Ian's impact in your area [Re: cieldumort]
      #114365 - Wed Sep 28 2022 04:43 PM

I think this storms claim to fame will be surge. The water is still coming into Ft Myers where US41 crosses the river, its currently 6 feet above predicted high tide. The pressure at this location is coming up from a low of 961 when they were experiencing winds at 50 mph gusting to 80 mph.

The strongest winds were isolated to the eyewall with NHC confirming (so far) stations reporting 130 MPH gusts. Outside of the core I've only seen Cat 1 gusts reported. However with various weather stations going off line during the worse of it we don't know everything yet.

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
      #114370 - Wed Sep 28 2022 05:42 PM

Quote:

I think this storms claim to fame will be surge. The water is still coming into Ft Myers where US41 crosses the river, its currently 6 feet above predicted high tide. The pressure at this location is coming up from a low of 961 when they were experiencing winds at 50 mph gusting to 80 mph.

The strongest winds were isolated to the eyewall with NHC confirming (so far) stations reporting 130 MPH gusts. Outside of the core I've only seen Cat 1 gusts reported. However with various weather stations going off line during the worse of it we don't know everything yet.

I would add an expansive wind field well NE of the center due to a steep pressure gradient between Ian and boundary extending across north/central peninsular Florida well out into the Atlantic:

Currently here on the east Volusia coast in DBS increasing nor'easter conditions, sustained NE wind in the low 30's, gusting to 45 mph well ahead of Ian:

wind flow

5PM OBSN in central Florida:

ORLANDO INTL HVY RAIN 71 69 93 NE38G49 29.63F
DAYTONA BEACH HVY RAIN 74 70 87 NE32G47 29.76F

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

Lamar-Plant City
Storm Tracker

Loc: Plant City, Florida
      #114375 - Wed Sep 28 2022 08:26 PM

Power has been out since 6:25. The wind is very loud and beginning to howl. I don't have a wind gauge so I can't measure it. But I would say we're probably in the '60s. Heavy and continuous rain.

--------------------
If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes...
2023 Season Prediction: 17/6/2

JMII
Weather Master

#114380 - Wed Sep 28 2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

I would add an expansive wind field well NE of the center due to a steep pressure gradient between Ian and boundary extending across north/central peninsular Florida well out into the Atlantic:

Agreed. The wind in my area has actually picked up. Technically this makes sense as Ian is closer but it’s so much weaker. Just shows how compact it was at landfall. Since then the wind field has expanded dramatically.

Planning a trip over to check the rental home in St James City on Saturday… hope it’s still there as it took a direct hit.

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Loc: Tampa
      #114387 - Thu Sep 29 2022 08:54 AM

Latest incident developments
• Mandatory evacuation orders for Pinellas County lifted for all evacuation zones, mobile home communities and residential health care facilities effective 9 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 29. Residents who evacuated due to the hurricane threat may return home using caution.
• County crews and first responders are proactively conducting damage assessments and response as needed.
• Any traffic intersections with inoperable traffic lights should be treated like a four-way stop.
• Hazardous conditions may still exist. Downed trees and power lines have been reported across the county. Plan for extra travel time as operations return to normal and be mindful of crews on the road.
• Residents and travelers may report road and traffic issues on storm.pinellascounty.org using the See Click Fix link, and any residential damage using the “Report Damages to Your Home” link.

Storm impacts
• Approximately 185,500 Duke customers have reported power outages as of today at 7 a.m.
• All drinking water services to Pinellas County Utilities customers remain functional and no boil water notices have been issued.
• A number of downed utility/electric wires and trees have been reported throughout the county, affecting some roads, utility/power lines and property.

Pinellas County response/action
• Public Works and other County crews are currently conducting damage assessments on county roads and intersections.
• The County Information Center will remain open until 5 p.m. Call 727-464-4333. Residents who are deaf or hard of hearing can contact the County Information Center via online chat at www.bit.ly/PinellasChat.

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

JMII
Weather Master

#114390 - Thu Sep 29 2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

Planning a trip over to check the rental home in St James City on Saturday… hope it’s still there as it took a direct hit.

Well that ain't happening as the roads are damaged and some bridges have been wiped out. The only way to reach the barrier islands is by boat. The causeway to Sanibel washed out:
https://www.tampabay.com/hurricane/2022/...flooded-by-ian/

B.C.Francis
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Indiatlantic Florida
      #114393 - Thu Sep 29 2022 02:42 PM

Winds have really picked up here In Indian Harbor Beach Brevard County I'd estimate 40-50 mph out of the NW. Possible higher gusts Started about a hour and a half ago. There's some rain but the winds are coming and going. The storm is NE of here off shore Volusia Brevard county line.The SW quadrant of Ian is still affecting the coast here some what.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 19768

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 30, 2024, 3:46:12 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center