Archives 2020s >> 2023 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
GFS last 2 runs spin up system in NW Caribbean June 20th drifting N/NW
      #114553 - Sun Jun 04 2023 05:30 PM

Tail end of the last several GFS runs spin up a TD/PTC in the extreme NW Caribbean Sea. Not sure what shear will be like in that region then but there will be plenty of warm water juice if it can avoid interacting with Central America.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Re: GFS last 2 runs spin up system in NW Caribbean June 20th drifting N/NW [Re: IsoFlame]
      #114554 - Mon Jun 05 2023 09:28 PM

18Z has a fairly potent (978mb) system near the NE tip of the Yucatan on the 21st:

Edited by IsoFlame (Mon Jun 05 2023 09:31 PM)

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Re: GFS last 2 runs spin up system in NW Caribbean June 20th drifting N/NW [Re: IsoFlame]
      #114555 - Tue Jun 06 2023 03:38 PM

Today's GFS runs have consensus on a fairly potent spin up in NW Caribbean around the June 19/20th followed by a slow track varying between NNW into the southern GOMEX in the general direction of LA/MS or NNE across western Cuba into the eastern GOMEX a few hundred miles west of Florida peninsula.

Long way off, but the day to day run consistency (with no outliers) has my undivided attention given the favored June development region and well above normal SST's..

Edited by IsoFlame (Tue Jun 06 2023 03:41 PM)

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

#114556 - Wed Jun 07 2023 10:40 AM

GFS still onboard with NW Caribbean system intensifying in the GOMEX. 06Z tracks it toward the central Texas coast as a hurricane by the 23rd. The 00Z run slower -in the central on the 23rd and stronger at 962 mb -borderline Major)

3 days of model consistency, but still over 10 days out. I'd love to see the tropical outlook extend out and discuss medium range model consistency (even though beyond a week can be a long shot)

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

#114563 - Mon Jun 12 2023 09:48 AM

GFS bailed on the scenario past day's runs, takes general area of low pressure west into C America. Does still have a piece of energy ejecting N/NE out of the Caribbean into the Bahamas in late June.

(See general forecast model discussion for Mike's discussion of the C America Gyre and GFS)

--------------------

Robert
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Southeast, FL
      #114587 - Tue Jun 20 2023 03:17 PM

Caribbean system nor north of hondurus, blowing up a nice ball of convection, with some spin it...I know, I know just won't give up on this guy. Be interesting to see how it evolves tonight. Today was the day it was supposed to get going.

Edited by Robert (Tue Jun 20 2023 03:18 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., Atricks, danielw, Clark, Christine H, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort, Jackie M, Wigeon, Hank Buck 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1762

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 24, 2024, 7:59:12 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center