Archives 2020s >> 2023 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
cieldumortModerator

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Idalia Conditions in Your Area
      #114687 - Mon Aug 28 2023 06:49 PM

Post to update Idalia related weather and event conditions around you. Hyper-local alerts, pictures, etc., and just check-in to let us know how you are.

Please stay safe. There are a few hurricanes I am not inclined to chase. Generally, this has more to do with things like terrain, roads, rivers, propensity for especially dangerous storm surge and flooding... For me, Idalia falls in this bucket. I skipped Katrina altogether, and kept a very safe distance from Harvey's exact landfall location, for two examples.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Prospero
Storm Tracker

Reged: Fri
Loc: Gulfport, FL
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: cieldumort]
      #114690 - Mon Aug 28 2023 07:51 PM

Quote:

Post to update Idalia related weather and event conditions around you. Hyper-local alerts, pictures, etc., and just check-in to let us know how you are.

Please stay safe. There are a few hurricanes I am not inclined to chase. Generally, this has more to do with things like terrain, roads, rivers, propensity for especially dangerous storm surge and flooding... For me, Idalia falls in this bucket. I skipped Katrina altogether, and kept a very safe distance from Harvey's exact landfall location, for two examples.

I have to say tonight is maybe the most beautiful evening we have had since last Spring or late Winter. Just gorgeous.

That scares me! LOL

--------------------
Gulfport Florida Webcam - Gulfport Florida Weather Station - Clearwater Beach Cams

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: Prospero]
      #114691 - Mon Aug 28 2023 08:27 PM

Did you have to evacuate?

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

Southern4sure
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
Loc: Land O Lakes, FL
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #114692 - Mon Aug 28 2023 09:07 PM

We are not evacuating. We are about 30 miles inland in Pasco County and not in a flood zone.

L_Blanton

Loc: 25mi from Cedar Key, Florida
      #114694 - Tue Aug 29 2023 12:26 AM

Unrelated thunder and lightening storm that lit the sky with multiple power blips earlier this evening. Tomorrow will be evacuating inland to the town of Chiefland due to being in a MH surrounded by trees and in a flood zone. Our place is 25mi from Cedar Key Marina and a couple miles through the woods as the crow flies from the Suwannee River.

--------------------
Going thru the eye of Donna (1960) began a lifetime fascination of hurricanes.

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: L_Blanton]
      #114709 - Tue Aug 29 2023 07:12 PM

A robust coma-shaped line of t-storms just blasted Daytona Beach, east Volusia County as it came up the coast from the south around 6:45 pm. Torrential/brief rain (0.40" in 10 minutes) with a wind gust in the upper 30's mph.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

Prospero
Storm Tracker

Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #114711 - Tue Aug 29 2023 08:56 PM

It is very pleasant here in Gulfport right now. A good breeze so we can feel the swirl, palms swaying and live oaks dancing, but no problems and light rain. There is a band on its way but looking at PWSs and SailFlow there is hardly a TS gust to worry about.

Just saw a flash of lightning to the west.

High Tide for a cycle or two might be a concern, but wind is a non-issue.

--------------------
Gulfport Florida Webcam - Gulfport Florida Weather Station - Clearwater Beach Cams

Prospero
Storm Tracker

Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: Prospero]
      #114713 - Wed Aug 30 2023 12:36 AM

Water is rising in Gulfport. We are definitely going to have a surge for the books before tomorrow is over.

--------------------

Bill_hawe

Reged: Sat
      #114714 - Wed Aug 30 2023 02:50 AM

Quote:

Currently it's 250 AM 30 August. I am in Tallahassee and the initial outer rain band hit earlier in the night. we're expecting the main bands to hit any time now. it's been too calm for what i know is coming. I fully expect to lose power, as purdham Generating station is 6 miles from the coast. and produces a large part of city power.

Will try to update as network and power are willing

OrlandoDan
Weather Master

Loc: Longwood, FL
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: Bill_hawe]
      #114715 - Wed Aug 30 2023 04:40 AM

SW Seminole county here. PWS shows event rainfall at 1.04 inches. Wind and gust info are not reliable as my PWS is surrounded by large trees.

--------------------
Keith (1988), Charley (2004), Frances (2004) , Jeanne (2004), Fay (2008), Mathew (2016), Irma (2017), Dorian (2019)

Personal Weather Station: https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KFLLONGW67

jastrowx
Verified CFHC User

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: OrlandoDan]
      #114716 - Wed Aug 30 2023 07:34 AM

At 0700 this Wednesday morning in Ormond Beach (Volusia Co.: Cloudy, rain ended just before 0700, total 1.61" so far. Temp 75, dew pt 73, barometer 29.67 falling, wind SE 15 mph gusting to 30-35 mph.

--------------------
Joe

IsoFlame
Weather Analyst

Reged: Wed
Loc: One block off the Atlantic Oce...
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: jastrowx]
      #114717 - Wed Aug 30 2023 08:02 AM

Just talked to my 90-yr old dad in Brunswick GA in the Golden Isles. They are in a nasty outer band with torrential rain and wind SE 30 mph (gusting to 45) coming into the coast off the Atlantic from the SE. He measured 2" of rain yesterday (not associated with Idalia) in a 2-hr long, relatively isolated moderate rain shower that trained over his location. Based on the eye's eastward jog into Keaton Beach a little while ago, I expect he will see conditions continue to go down hill the rest of the morning, with hurricane force wind gusts likely when the eye tracks through SE GA.

--------------------
CoCoRaHS Weather Observer (FL-VL-42) & Surf Forecaster: https://www.surf-station.com/north-florida-surf-forecast-3/

bob3d
Weather Watcher

Loc: Pasco County, Florida
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: IsoFlame]
      #114719 - Wed Aug 30 2023 09:58 AM

A strong band of rain and high winds just came through here in San Antonio, FL (30 miles N of Tampa). I think from the radar presentation the next band is hours off. We got one and a half inches of rain from that event. We will see how much the next band brings.

EDIT: It's hard to believe that we are getting rain and wind from a tropical system whose center is 200 miles from us.

Edited by bob3d (Wed Aug 30 2023 10:06 AM)

IdaliaJackson

Reged: Thu
Re: Idalia Conditions in Your Area [Re: bob3d]
      #114816 - Thu Oct 19 2023 05:13 PM

I didn't do anything

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., Atricks, danielw, Clark, Christine H, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort, Jackie M, Wigeon, Hank Buck 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3821

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 27, 2024, 8:32:46 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center