News Talkback >> 2003 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
wxman007
Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Tuscaloosa, AL
Isaroni & Editing of Posts
      #12907 - Tue Sep 16 2003 12:39 PM

Trust me, if I couldn't handle that, there is no need to be be on television....I got absolutely lambasted yesterday in a viewer e-mail cause I "moved" too much. No further description, just that I moved too much...(sigh)

Anyway, as far as Isabel, it's getting harder and harder to find the center on satellite imagery...still waiting on good recon fixes....

--------------------
Jason Kelley

Edited by wxman007 (Tue Sep 16 2003 12:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bobbi
Unregistered

Jason, ED, Steve??? and IsaRONi
      #12916 - Tue Sep 16 2003 01:29 PM

ok...

first off..
Jason is a good guy and he can take jokes..as he said he is used to complaints.. probably on the ties he wears or doesnt wear being on air. He has been a guest on HurricaneCity radio show and btw...has a great voice And.. trust his judgement.. don't always agree with his views but that is why we are all here hanging and sharing our thoughts. But repsect him and thanks for being here.

ED??? You EDit? Oh my gosh... some people around here are probably going to crucify you for not EDiting ME more often as I know my posts are way too long most the time. Should hear me speak.. haha, cant EDit me there. You are ..as always doing a good job.. What kind of name is Dunham btw, have always wondered... off the board let me know please, find interesting last names...interesting.

Steve? I'm confused. How many Steves are there here? Is Steve H and Steve in Metarie the same Steve? If you see a line man working down there for LiteCo wearing a purple polo shirt with a little alligator on it.. tell him "hi" and bet the sunrises down there are wonderful. Nice here too.. can visit again anytime.

Yes Coleen this IS weather related I promise and love your posts.

Do agree with steve H's thoughts (love to know what that H stands for) and Steve from Metarie.. go to some circuit city and find a tv with TWC and watch it and get back to us.. please.

IsaRONi or whoever you are.. thinking...staring... have you noticed that the storm is NOT going nnw? I mean I got to ask Someone cause if someone here doenst help me soon I am going to need a shrink SOON... Im sorry either my vis floater is broken and stuck or its spinning on its own axis with just a slight west drift (note I said drift not movement so dont crucify me please) and why cant I see the nnw movement, this is like IM LOSING IT... I can see it "should" go NW soon and then NNW but I cant see it today.... why and how can the NHC see what I can't. Maybe they should take a little walk out of that beautiful building..walk down the walking path over to that little natural park area breathe deep or come to my house, look at my computer and tell me why it looks like it stalled. STALLED and is spinning like Bonnie among others did and looks like the eye is very visible to me..cause its sort of puffing out on the overhead long view visible.. come on help me here.. I'll even take hlep from ISaRONi.. really.. just lay off jason, steve and ED please

and as for Isabel..

can someone tell me what is wrong?
is it my computer and its stuck?
i dont like games (NOOOOO REALLY) and like the truth, i cant take the truth, tell me the truth...tell me its basically stalled and the eye is trying to reform and will on occaision shift a bit to the west or north but soon NW movement will resume.. dont make me look for something that I don't see happening.

And Jason.. I like you.. I really do.. but I am waiting for it to move about 50mph around 2pm before the next advisory so we can average out the days movement.

going off
check you all later at work and
keep cool

if you ask me people are getting a bit tense with IsaBEL spinning around out there making everyone nervous.. remember tho it is pretty far east still.. not like its spinning at 75 or I would be screaming other things

hot in miami

anyone here development might happen in the Caribbean?

Listen.. anyone can post anything online and who is going to check it out. I go by SNONUT most the time.. I go by him even when I don't go by him.. he is mr wonderful at his best and I respect him dearly. And.. even if he wasnt who he is I would still respect him.

Its called a track record.

Proof is in the pudding, ever heard that?

For those who don't know me.. I love weather and tracking hurricanes. In college I studied meteorology and some oceanography for my degree in International Relations..weather after all is one of the biggest (over time) factors in world politics.. affects economy and demography more than any other factor. I studied the El Nino before it was popular. I have a strong background in ANY history field and I am a ?? buff?on old tracks and historical info on hurricanes which is how i got here and got stuck here and became friends with and learned so much from so many experts and just plain old crazy fun smart people. And, yeah me and Hurricane Alice were born on the same day in late December and we both do things strangely in life but pretty rare and cool to think that while my mother was birthing me a late December tropical system was being born. Cool huh?

Ok...so... as I have told people.. people take you serious if you register a name here.. mine is Lois because somewhere out there Clark likes it that way. But just because you give an online bio..doesnt mean its real. And, I don't really believe all I read... and I will never believe Joe's birthday is july 18th, 1955 without seeing his birth certificate. So there!

rolling eyes and to the peson who always was upset with me ALWAYS for using CHOW FOR NOW (way back 30 years back) I still like it... it looks better.

Chow for now.. (see doesnt it look better?)

BObbi lois..whoever
sometimes even Mommy

NOTE: Bobbi wants clarification on why her loops dont loop the way they do at the NHC.. which is a very nice beautiful building filled with wonderful people who work there and it has a beautiful library and just want to understand..ya know?

MikeCAdministrator
Admin

Reged: Sun
Loc: Orlando, FL
Re: Jason, ED, Steve??? and IsaRONi
      #12917 - Tue Sep 16 2003 01:31 PM

Wow, he caught us when we were both off. Anyway, we can turn forced registration on (Ie you have to register to post) but like usual I'd rather since I don't want to leave anyone out.

A couple good posts got nuked in the move, so I moved them back into the Storm Forum. Apologies for the innocent there.

Storm Cooper
User

Reged: Sat
Loc: Panama City , FL
      #12977 - Tue Sep 16 2003 05:11 PM

Only can imagine what happened today.Felony I hear? Anyway I do like what has happened because of it...wish that would have been the case a few days ago but oh well... it will be better now

--------------------
Hurricane Season 2017 13/7/1

Steve
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Wed
Loc: Metairie, LA
      #12980 - Tue Sep 16 2003 05:39 PM

Hey Bobbi,

>>Steve? I'm confused. How many Steves are there here? Is Steve H and Steve in Metarie the same Steve?

No. Steve H. is in Florida.

Steve

--------------------
MF'n Super Bowl Champions

Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: W. Central Florida
      #12984 - Tue Sep 16 2003 06:25 PM

Looks like a busy day on the board! Was able to catch some of the crapola going on while at work today. Mike I hope you consider what St.PeteGuy suggested, it would be worth looking into. We have a good board here and I know that you guys will do whatever it takes to keep it that way.

--------------------
TONI

All of us could take a lesson from the weather:
It pays no attention to criticism

My 2003 Hurricane guess 13-9-3

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 5987

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 9:51:41 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center