News Talkback >> 2003 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
The Forecasts - Revisited
      #14081 - Sun Dec 21 2003 06:01 PM

Now that the Atlantic Basin is 'finally' quiet and the long season has ended, its time for a short look back at the Seasonal Forecasts that were made last Spring. At 12/7/3, I really was too low on the total number of storms, but I managed to hit the number of Hurricanes and Majors on the nose at 7/3. So did Kevin and Joe. With a forecast of 16 named storms, Just Me was right on the money and at the time I'll have to admit that I thought the '16' was too high - excellent forecast! Best overall forecast was Joe with a forecast of 14/7/3 - thats a total offset of just 2. Clyde W. was just off by one in each category for a total offset of three. Others with an offset of three were: Dr Gray, Kevin and Cycloneye - all good forecasts. My offset was 4 - along with Steve, HankFrank, Just Me and Frank P.

For all of those that participated - thanks for giving it a try. I'll post my thoughts for the 2004 season in January.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8134

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 20, 2024, 1:04:57 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center