Archives 2002-2009 >> 2002 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Invest 91L
      #1985 - Wed Aug 14 2002 10:35 PM

An active tropical wave is located east of Trinidad and Tobago near 10.5N 57W at 15/02Z. The system has pulsed with periods of convective activity as it moved across the Atlantic. No circulation is currently evident. The tropical wave is located in an area of light northerly shear and the shear should remain light for the next few days. Brisk low-level easterly flow around the Atlantic ridge is speeding the system westward at 25-30mph while upper-level currents are just about non-existent. With this scenario, development does not seem likely - anything that gets started in the lower levels will outrun itself as it builds to the upper levels. Beyond the next two or three days the system should slow down as the easterlies weaken, and if it still holds together, it would stand a better chance for development at that time.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LoisCane
Veteran Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: South Florida
Re: Invest 91L
      #1990 - Thu Aug 15 2002 04:04 AM

It has no circulation, none. That's the biggest problem. Well, could have some color also. Understand conditions may improve. Its moving too fast, on the other hand shear is lighter there than it has been. Water is hot enough. Don't think it has it in it to spin and organize, has a murky look to it. But, I'm still looking at it.

Good discussion, thanks.

--------------------
http://hurricaneharbor.blogspot.com/

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2247

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 19, 2024, 12:00:27 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center