General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
jdailey

Reged: Sat
Ormond
      #20142 - Sat Aug 14 2004 12:05 PM

I live in Texas and my parents and my sister all live in Ormond by the Sea. (2 streets from one another) Does anyone have any information on that area. It's just north of Daytona. I can't get thru the phone lines. Red Cross number is always busy. Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: Ormond [Re: jdailey]
      #20212 - Sat Aug 14 2004 10:37 PM

Based on the storm track of Charley I would imagine that there was some damage in that area. Daytona Beach had a wind gust to 97mph.
ED

jdailey

Re: Ormond [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #20225 - Sat Aug 14 2004 11:02 PM

thanks. still can't get through. guess the power is out!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#20237 - Sat Aug 14 2004 11:47 PM

Winds were wicked last night, as i stayed up all night to watch.
Trees are all over, as ar branchs and whatnot.
These pics are from only a Catagory 1, with winds of 85mph.. I feel bad for The folks who had 145, 120mph winds.
Power is still out in most of Ormond, daytona, and surrounding areas, but luckly, my street just got turned back on, thank god!

Pics....

Skiiwa
Unregistered

Edgewater FL [Re: Anonymous]
      #20265 - Sun Aug 15 2004 07:18 AM

I also Live in Texas. My sister and her Kids live in Edgewater FL..I talked to my sister at 10pm-est Friday. Ive been trying to call her cell and home phone since then. No luck. Im thinking since from what I can see from the track of Charlie ppl in the area were she lives are not in good shape. On top of that she Knows that I was worried and she has not contacted me yet. Edgewater Is (I think) about 25-30miles S of Daytona. I cant seem to find any info from news sites on TV or the web Of the Damage In and around Daytona. IF I get any Info I will Post here.

Chris

jdailey

Re: Ormond [Re: Anonymous]
      #20275 - Sun Aug 15 2004 11:16 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I finally got thru to my parents. All is OK. They don't have power and are using coleman stove to cook on but the people across the street have power. He found a non-cordless phone to use and that's how I got through. Said on John Powers street, a lot of large old trees were torn up but is already cleaned up. Sounds like everyone is working hard. I wish the best for all and my prayers go out for those less fortunate.

Skiiwa
Unregistered

#20501 - Wed Aug 18 2004 09:28 AM

Got throught to my sister also..No power but otherwise unscathed. Haveing to stay in a hotel, but at least her job is still intact and shes able to make money still. Only thing that died around her was her fish:)P

Chris

acoury
Unregistered

#27682 - Wed Sep 15 2004 01:34 PM

HI, I just wanted to let you know that I was living in Ormond by the sea for two months over the summer and it was a devestation. We were out of power and phone for the whole time since Charley hit. Just so you know the majority of residents were okay and there were only a few fatalities. Just pray for your family . I am sure they are okay.

LadyStorm
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: United States
Re: Ormond [Re: acoury]
      #28193 - Thu Sep 16 2004 05:55 AM

Did you leave before Frances hit. The east coastal area of Ormond/Daytona and mainly southward had more damage from Frances than Charley.

MaryAnn

Quote:

HI, I just wanted to let you know that I was living in Ormond by the sea for two months over the summer and it was a devestation. We were out of power and phone for the whole time since Charley hit. Just so you know the majority of residents were okay and there were only a few fatalities. Just pray for your family . I am sure they are okay.

--------------------
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of
thinking we were at when we created them"

..........Albert Einstein

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7427
Calendar Event: Sat

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 19, 2024, 6:50:36 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center