Weather Bloggers >> Resident Meteorologist Discussions

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
KN4LF
Unregistered

CAT 3 Dennis Ashore At 2:45 pm EDT
      #41697 - Sun Jul 10 2005 02:58 PM

#63 Published Sunday July 10, 2005 at 2:50 pm EDT
http://www.kn4lf.com/flwx1.htm

At 2:45 pm EDT per USAF NEXRAD radar imagery, the weakening northern eye wall of Hurricane Dennis came ashore with lightning, tornadoes and a sustained wind of 120 mph, still a CAT 3 cyclone. He came ashore between Pensacola Beach and Navarre, which is within my landfall window of Pensacola to Fort Walton Beach, which I first forecasted in my advisory #50 on Wednesday 07/06/05 at 6:15 pm EDT. The CAT 3 strength is within my strength forecast of CAT 3-4 , which I first forecasted in my advisory #49 Published Wednesday July 06, 2005 at 12:00 pm EDT. I'm now 4-0 for the 2005 tropical cyclone season but with 10-15 more named cyclones yet to come I'm sure I will blow a forecast.

As Dennis moves inland into panhandle Florida, and south Alabama sustained hurricane force and hurricane force wind gusts will wreak havoc. Heavy rainfall and tornadoes are also probable. When all is said and done Birmingham and Atlanta will get a raking too.

This will be my last advisory on Dennis and I will next focus on fledgling T.D. #5 at approximately 11 N 42 W.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Ed Dunham, danielw, Clark, tpratch, typhoon_tip 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2918

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated May 2, 2024, 10:41:25 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center