Weather Bloggers >> Resident Meteorologist Discussions

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
wxman007
Meteorologist

Reged: Sat
Loc: Tuscaloosa, AL
Reflections on Dennis and Thoughts on Emily
      #42299 - Mon Jul 11 2005 10:50 PM

24 hours later, and it is time for a few moments of reflection on Dennis. Some random thoughts...

* One reason I believe that the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been is that Ivan 'pruned' (for lack of a better term') a lot of the less sturdy structures, combined with the smaller wind field of Dennis compared with Ivan.

* I am not nearly as tired after this one as I was after Ivan...a combination of having a daytime landfall (which didn't really mess with my sleep schedule too much) and no tornadoes in my viewing area made for a much easier experience, logistically.

* A big thank you to Clark for feeding me analysis all night Saturday night...we were on wall-to-wall and I was only getting 4-7 minute breaks so it was difficult to get any analysis done....Clark supplied this to me at a critical time and I am VERY appreciative of it. Thanks Buddy!

* Early afternoon Saturday I had an experience I have never had before...the phone rings in the Weather Office..I pick it up and I hear "Jason, this is Max (Mayfield) down at NHC...got a few minutes to talk?" Mr. .Mayfield was very gracious and appeared on our air to clarify the threats to my area...I really think it made a big difference to my viewers hearing him reiterate what we were saying.

* Boy...I didn't like those North Jogs! (Although, my Navarre landfall call that I made in my Local EOC conference call Wednesday looks pretty good!).

As I was typing this TD5 officially become Emily...and the NHC track and model consensus are somewhat omnious for the US, especially Florida. We have lots of time and model runs to look at it, but it might be an interesting week next week.

--------------------
Jason Kelley

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Ed Dunham, danielw, Clark, tpratch, typhoon_tip 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2721

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated May 2, 2024, 10:00:54 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center