Archives 2002-2009 >> 2006 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
NONAME
Weather Guru

Reged: Sun
The Future Of Irene
      #47835 - Sat Aug 13 2005 12:38 PM

I dont think the model are doing a very good job anymore I cant see soon to be TD 10 going to be a fish spinner sence it is so far south. It just got away from the ITZC it really hard to image it not hiting land the only storm i ever seen to be a fish spinner that far south and that close to the Antillies is Cindy of 99 and that was only because of Emily having a larger ciculation.

Once Again sorry about my Spelling

(Forecasts based on a 'gut' feeling or a huncn belong here. Actually, the southern latitude has nothing to do with whether a storm will hit land or not - upper level atmospheric flow patterns will determine where any given storm will move. Normally at this time of year a strong high pressure ridge has established itself in the Atlantic basin and storms move east to west along the southern extent of that ridge - sometimes rather rapidly. This year the ridge has not yet established itself.)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Sat Aug 13 2005 12:59 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: The Future Of Irene [Re: NONAME]
      #47837 - Sat Aug 13 2005 01:28 PM

Regarding past history on storms that passed through or near 14N 45W: From 1892 through 1992, 26 storms met this category. Of the 26, 8 made landfall and 18 did not. While a couple of the storms simply faded, most of those that did not hit land moved to the northwest and remained at sea.
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3122

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 20, 2024, 3:45:00 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center