Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Hugh
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Okaloosa County, Florida
SHIPS model
      #51403 - Sun Aug 28 2005 09:49 AM

Quote:

What do you think the odds are that the track might shift East?? 48hrs seems a little stretched for Cat V winds... I would think that it would go under Cat V strength within an hour or two (of course depending on how strong it is when it comes ashore).

I don't think the official forecast will shift east of the AL/MS line, but it could shift a bit east to Gulfport/Biloxi - and even a 10 mile shift in the landfall would be significant in terms of the complete destruction - The cone is what people need to focus on, definately - widespread significant damage is certain, but whereeever the eye crosses and within 10 miles to the east could simply cease to exist. If that shifts even 10-20 miles east or west, it's significant to those people in that 10-20 miles. It's also unpredictable which is why EVERYONE needs to GET OUT if you're in the cone near the coast.

--------------------
Hugh

Eloise (1975) - Elena and several other near misses (1985) - Erin & Opal (1995) - Ivan (2004)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1593

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 23, 2024, 3:12:59 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center