General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Soupyjkj
Unregistered

Pascagoula, Moss Point
      #52581 - Tue Aug 30 2005 04:41 PM

I have a friend who fled to Atlanta and is hysterically trying to get in touch with her husband who stayed behind. The last time she talked to him part of roof had been blown off and sign was blown down and blocked the exit to get out of the parking lot. That was before the storm got at it's worst. He stayed at either the Hampton Inn or Comfort Inn right off of 10. Does anyone know the status of those hotels? Their home is in Pascagoula. Any idea how bad Pascagoula is? Please if anyone can give us any info we would be so grateful!!!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Blades
Unregistered

Re: Pascagoula, Moss Point [Re: Soupyjkj]
      #52584 - Tue Aug 30 2005 04:57 PM

You might try the website for the Sun Register, Area newspaper, there are pictures of Moss Point and Pascagoula and some of the damage. Hope this may help. We have family there too, and have not been able to hear about their well being either. Good luck.

Soupyjkj
Unregistered

Re: Pascagoula, Moss Point [Re: Blades]
      #52592 - Tue Aug 30 2005 05:19 PM

Thanks alot! That is very helpful. I wish you and your family the best.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
      #52639 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:55 PM

One of those inns was on photos at CNN yesterday. The first floor of the inn was flooded but that is all.

The inn was in the background of two photos. One shows two firemen pushing a rescue boat through waist-deep water. The other shows a red cross truck up to the windows in water.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

#52641 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:57 PM

For anyone interested in how much flooding Moss Point received - my mother's house at 4313 Robin Way, Moss Point which was 25 ft above sea level received 1 foot of water. Hope this helps.

Everything in Pascagoula south of hwy 90 had apparently 10+ feet of water. Beach Blvd was wiped out and I believe almost everything up to Ingalls Ave.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

#52642 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:58 PM

Margie Kieper is looking for word her brother Alex Kieper, with the Sheriff's Dept in Jackson County, is ok. Last heard from he was in rising floodwater, directing rescue efforts, at the Sheriff's substation in St. Martin near I-10, Monday at 11am. If he is accounted for, then please email me at mkieper@yahoo.com or call me at 952-913-6641 to let me know.

His wife Martha Kieper was working the Jackson County EOC at the time of the hurricane, and if you can locate her, just ask if he is ok, that will be fine.

--------------------

2501pinewood

Reged: Wed
Re: Pascagoula, Moss Point [Re: Margie]
      #52920 - Wed Aug 31 2005 10:57 AM

The Hotel in the picture was the one next to the Crackerbarrel, at the intersection of I-10 and 63, on the west side of 63.

Jax Chris
Weather Watcher

Reged: Wed
Loc: Jacksonville Beach, FL
Re: Pascagoula, Moss Point [Re: Margie]
      #52934 - Wed Aug 31 2005 11:40 AM

Quote:

Margie Kieper is looking for word her brother Alex Kieper, with the Sheriff's Dept in Jackson County, is ok. Last heard from he was in rising floodwater, directing rescue efforts, at the Sheriff's substation in St. Martin near I-10, Monday at 11am. If he is accounted for, then please email me at mkieper@yahoo.com or call me at 952-913-6641 to let me know.

His wife Martha Kieper was working the Jackson County EOC at the time of the hurricane, and if you can locate her, just ask if he is ok, that will be fine.

Just for housekeepping, Margie has received information about her brother, and he's okay.

http://flhurricane.com/cyclone/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=52803&page=0&vc=1

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5545

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 20, 2024, 5:07:21 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center