General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
lcbox3

Reged: Mon
News of Ocean Springs, Ms
      #52304 - Mon Aug 29 2005 10:13 PM

My son & Daughter-in-law are residents of Ocean Springs. They evacuated to Tallahassee, Fl. But at this time, neither one of us have any idea of what has happened at his home. Does anyone know anything about this area first hand. Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
orion
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: lcbox3]
      #52327 - Mon Aug 29 2005 11:27 PM

I have an uncle and aunt who stayed in Ocean Springs/Gulfport, and haven't heard anything from either of them. Does anyone know if there's a way to find out anything about individuals?

McDAvid
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: orion]
      #52562 - Tue Aug 30 2005 03:25 PM

http://www.wlox.com/Global/category.asp?C=1704&nav=6DJI

This is a news website that I believe serves the Ocean Springs area and the news is thus centered around that part of Mississippi.

Also look up the SATERN info request form for friends/relatives.

http://qso.com/satern/emailfrm.htm

I have been having trouble with the form however, when the page loads at all I get an error when i try to submit my info. I guess they are having internet trouble or not enough bandwidth. OR something.

I guess I might as well post the names of who I am looking for... I'm looking for my grandparents Charles & Mary McDavid who live in Ocean Springs.

Pllease email me if you know anything
ac.mcdavid@gmail.com

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Saint Marys Georgia
Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: McDAvid]
      #52565 - Tue Aug 30 2005 03:30 PM

I think some of the websites must be overloaded alot of folks are having trouble get the website to load. Someone suggested you call the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
Good luck

Imadira
Unregistered

#52620 - Tue Aug 30 2005 06:55 PM

My sister lives on Jackson Avenue in Ocean Springs. I heard there were only 3 houses standing (one was hers) and I do not have further info about the condition of those homes or anything Ocean Springs. I live in California, so if anyone has additional info it would be greatly appreciated. My sister evacuated to Arkansas.

michie
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: Imadira]
      #52624 - Tue Aug 30 2005 07:09 PM

my brother, sister-in-law and nephew live on oak st. in ocean springs and although i have heard from them(they are okay and dry) their house is totally under water.

Amanda McDavid
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: michie]
      #52658 - Tue Aug 30 2005 08:35 PM

"my brother, sister-in-law and nephew live on oak st. in ocean springs and although i have heard from them(they are okay and dry) their house is totally under water."

May I ask how you managed to get in contact with them Michie?

JustMe
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Orlando, Florida
      #52695 - Tue Aug 30 2005 09:45 PM

does anyone know anything about augustine circle inocean springs sister lives at 102name ( manning) unable to reach by phone we are in orlando fl

Please answer if u do

--------------------

I have survived Betsy Miss, Camille Miss., Andrew Fl, Charley Fl, Frances FL, Jeanne FL,

Texas
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: JustMe]
      #52705 - Tue Aug 30 2005 09:59 PM

Will appreciate any info regarding Amherst Street, Windsor Place Subdivision, Ocean Springs, MS.
My brother and his wife are safe in Texas, but can get no news regarding their home, neighbors, community, etc. Please advise. Thanks!

charliel
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: JustMe]
      #52734 - Tue Aug 30 2005 10:45 PM

My advice if you are trying to reach anyone with a 228 area code and (cell phone's anyway) is to try text messaging. Don't even bother with home lines for a while. Text messging is the only way we have been able to make contact. It may take a while but the message will eventually get thru.

Occasionally, they have been able to call out but we've been unable to make any calls to a 228 area code #. Even family who evac'd to our house (Florida panhandle) are unable to recv calls on those phones while here in our house. Good luck.

Vickie
Unregistered

#52828 - Wed Aug 31 2005 12:44 AM

I am looking for any information on the Hammond or Halat family, please. Their homes are located on Surgeres and Cumberland Road, respectively. Their loved ones in California are very worried about them. Please post a reply if you have any information as to the damage on those streets or if you have other knowledge. Thank you very much.

Kathy
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: Vickie]
      #52841 - Wed Aug 31 2005 01:05 AM

I am in North Dakota but my family from Ocean Springs has evac'd to Florida. They are concerned about the neighbor next door to them who has health problems (diabetic) but yet decided to stay and weather the storm. She is a single mother who is very unstable. Does Anyone know anything about the area near the high school and Government Street and how to contact Emergency Services in the area to get them to check and see if the woman and her child are okay?

sonja

Reged: Wed
Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: charliel]
      #52846 - Wed Aug 31 2005 01:16 AM

Thanks for telling us about text messaging. I tried it, but no reply yet. Still praying. I have family who live on Sheppard Drive in Ocean Springs. Their last name is McLaurin. Has anyone heard any damage reports from that area? We haven't heard from them yet. They stayed to ride out the storm. Thanks for any information that anyone can give.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of you who are waiting to hear from loved ones.

wondering

#52858 - Wed Aug 31 2005 03:41 AM

If any one has info about Ocean Springs especially south 7th street, please let us know. My sister's home is there. She evacuated but had to leave her cats which are like her family to her . We have been unable to get any information on the area. But we do know that our aunts home in Pascagoula is totally gone. Also info about New Orleans East would be helpful as my mother had to leave her home there(she also had to leave her cats) and they don't know when or if they will be able to go back. Know that the news says N. O. is flooded but still hoping that her pets some how got out and away. My mom and my sister are ok ,Thank God,except for the worry and wondering about what is left of their homes. I am in Mo. They evacuated to Florida. My prayers are with all of you. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Texas
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: charliel]
      #52939 - Wed Aug 31 2005 12:12 PM

Just heard from a reliable friend who lives in the area and is on on site now, that many homes in Windsor Place, Ocean Springs are dry, roofs and windows are sound, and things appear to be in pretty good shape; so if you are interested in that one small area, remain optimistic.
/tf

TNelson
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: Texas]
      #52950 - Wed Aug 31 2005 01:01 PM

Any news about La Branche Ave would be appreciated, I have family members who stayed and have not heard from them.

Libby
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: Texas]
      #52958 - Wed Aug 31 2005 01:14 PM

Try to contact the reporter who did the fly-over video on MSNBC last night - it lasted many minutes, and covered approx. 17 miles of coastline east of New Orleans, ending at Biloxi, which is just west of Ocean Springs. If you can watch MSNBC, or find the video on their website, perhaps you can get him to fly further east and get more video............

????

Libby

Barb
Unregistered

#52968 - Wed Aug 31 2005 01:46 PM

I'm unable to reach my brother. Looking for info on Chicopee Trace.

michie
Unregistered

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: Amanda McDavid]
      #53022 - Wed Aug 31 2005 04:11 PM

i am sorry it has taken so long to post this! my sister-in-law managed very quickly to use a national gaurd satellite phone yesterday to tell us where they were. one of her family members managed to make it to ocean springs this morning to get them out of there. the reports from him are heart wrenching! he said the place is in shambles, total devestation. the normal 5 hours trip took him 10 1/2 hours. i was just down there last week visiting them, we left to drive back to mass. on saturday and now i see pictures of places i was just at that are totaly destroyed or not even there any more. i can not even put into words how devestated i am. reports from my brother are that his house is not even there anymore. everything they have is gone. my heart goes out to everyone down there and i am praying so hard that all of you hear from your loved ones and that they are all okay.

Carol1013

Re: News of Ocean Springs, Ms [Re: michie]
      #53025 - Wed Aug 31 2005 04:16 PM

My family is in Leigh circle Ocean Springs is that anywhere close to your relative that was rescued? We are so worried about them, there is a 12 old day baby and an infant. Please relay any information that may help us.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating: *****
Topic views: 24006

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 10:33:59 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center