General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
stacip
Unregistered

Biloxi Info - Petit Bois - Edgewater Mall
      #52666 - Tue Aug 30 2005 08:53 PM

Anyone have any info on the Petit Bois neighborhood of Biloxi, behing the Edgewater Mall? Street is Rue Palafox. My family rode the storm out there and haven't heard from them since yeterday AM.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
alison
Unregistered

Re: Biloxi Info - Petit Bois - Edgewater Mall [Re: stacip]
      #52677 - Tue Aug 30 2005 09:24 PM

my sister and brother-in-law just moved to that area a month & a half ago. i'm trying to find out information for them, so if you learn anything about the destruction in the area, would you mind letting me know? my e-mail address is timmysgrrrl @ yahoo dot com. (they live in grande view apartments on grande view drive - i think about 2 miles or less from your family.)

my mom heard that most of biloxi south of the railroad tracks was wiped out. and my brother-in-law said that the house of one of his coworkers (who lives not far from them and about a mile inland) was destroyed... if i find out any more, i'll be sure to post it.

aggie9296
Unregistered

#52802 - Tue Aug 30 2005 11:57 PM

I did hear there was substantial wind damage to the mall (esp McRaes) and the water did get over the tracks there. I used to live on LeJuene right around there and we had no flooding with Georges in 98, but this one was obviously worse.

alison
Unregistered

#52825 - Wed Aug 31 2005 12:33 AM

hey. i just read on "the eye of the storm" blog (http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=15902809&postID=112541442427088135) the following comment:

"UPDATE FROM WEST BILOXI:
I have just recieved word from my family and they are ok. They said anything north of the railroad tracks
faired the storm ok. Houses in this area should be ok. No flooding in this area. They live north of EdgeWater mall."

of course, my sister lives SOUTH of the railroad tracks...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3549

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 4:45:41 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center