General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Cm St. Louis
Unregistered

Metairie
      #53127 - Wed Aug 31 2005 10:07 PM

Please, anyone, I have friends who live in Metairie a nearby suburb of New Orleans. They evacuated out to Florida on Sunday, but haven't had any communication with them for a couple of days. Does anyone know if Metairie is under water also? Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JinSA
Unregistered

Re: Metairie [Re: Cm St. Louis]
      #53146 - Wed Aug 31 2005 10:31 PM

Latest news I saw says that much of Metairie is still dry but parts of it are under two to three feet of water. Nothing like the situation in Orleans Parish.

J

snookie
Unregistered

Re: Metairie [Re: JinSA]
      #53168 - Wed Aug 31 2005 11:32 PM

Thank you for this update. My loved ones, John D. & April Williams live on Caribou Court not far from
W. Metairie Ave. I tried looking on various survivor pages, but have not been able to locate whether they are
safe.

Is Metairie part of Jefferson or some other parrish? Please advise. ( Thx!)

On the news we were told there is a way to look at a realtime aerial map to determine whether their home is safe.
I tried looking at -
http://www.louisiana.map.gov/map.htm for louisiana then I did a search by address, but could'nt tell by
the picture what the state of flooding was on that street.

I also noted specifics on
http://www.jeffparish.net/?DocID=1962

Jefferson: You can return Monday with your ID. You will be allowed to collect your belongings and will not
be allowed to return for a month.

Thanks in advance for any more specific information.
Praying -
Snookie Montfort

Luna
Unregistered

Re: Metairie [Re: Cm St. Louis]
      #53216 - Thu Sep 01 2005 09:24 AM

Quote:

Please, anyone, I have friends who live in Metairie a nearby suburb of New Orleans. They evacuated out to Florida on Sunday, but haven't had any communication with them for a couple of days. Does anyone know if Metairie is under water also? Thanks!

Please, does anyone know about the situation in Napoli Drive (Metairie) or nearby streets?
Thanks
Quote:

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4065

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 29, 2024, 9:48:53 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center