General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
kerriann
Unregistered

Metarie La
      #53323 - Thu Sep 01 2005 03:14 PM

Does anyone have any info on Metarie La? I live in pa and have family from there on there way here now as they have no where else to go... They last heard that the damage was minimal but that was before the flood waters starting creeping in..... Any info that we can pass along to them would be greatfull.

also my prayers go out to everyone affected by this.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
concerned
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: kerriann]
      #53382 - Thu Sep 01 2005 07:14 PM

sections of Metairie near the Delamon Condo complex/Focis road were dry until Wednesday early.

delphina
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: concerned]
      #53508 - Fri Sep 02 2005 10:43 AM

Was wondering if there is any more news of Metaire or of sites that would show the flood damage in Metaire. Met an older couple at a motel from Metaire and they were wanting news or aerial shots of Metaire to see how their home was doing. Thanks in advance for any help.

xnap54
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: delphina]
      #53668 - Sat Sep 03 2005 07:37 PM

Very interested in current conditions in Metarie. In particular the area near 6200,block of ACKEL St. Would appreciate any info-- Fwd to ixlbxltwo@aol.com

pncporter
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: delphina]
      #53712 - Sun Sep 04 2005 03:39 PM

I too use to live in Metarie and can't find any photos. Loveland/St Philip Neri...
Tks pncporter @juno.com

rcsuzie
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: xnap54]
      #53746 - Mon Sep 05 2005 12:15 AM

Hello,
I'm also interested in the 6200 block of Ackels in Metarie. My brother, Michael Peace lived in unit #442. He evacuated with the complex's secretary Miss V. They are safe in MS with her brother. I am very worried about the man that lived in the unit next to my brother. His name is Francis Landry (Mr. Frank). If you have any info, please contact me. I can be reached at rcsuzie@aol.com or 1-352-628-0773. Good luck. God bless. Suzie Peace

charli909
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: rcsuzie]
      #53747 - Mon Sep 05 2005 12:24 AM

my husband is search and rescue from calif. he called today to say he will be in metarie on wed. if I hear more I will contact you again

unregistered
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: pncporter]
      #53749 - Mon Sep 05 2005 01:02 AM

I am looking for a Tammie Reece. I am her older sister in Denver and can not find her anywhere. Can you please email me at mckpattie@aol.com if you know this person. She is married with a one month old baby. I know she lived in metarie in an apartment complex but I'm not sure which one. Thank you, Patty.

pjan709671
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: charli909]
      #53808 - Mon Sep 05 2005 05:33 PM

The area bounded by severn, metairie road, the parish line and airline is under about 5 to 7 feet. I live, sorry lived at 1009 Old metairie place. Very flooded. Water came airline from new orleans when the 17th street canal broke. Will try to get into parts of old metairie wed if they still let us go in but my area --- still flooded. would love to know more. Thank your husband.
Pam

kerriann
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: pjan709671]
      #53815 - Mon Sep 05 2005 07:21 PM

Well cnn just did a story on Jefferson parish which include Metairie and Kenner, looks like pretty much every where is pretty flooded some houses up to rooftops others up to door knobs on first story just depends what parts you live in. They are allowing you to go in and get what you can but you must have ID and there is a dusk to dawn curfew ,you have to have a full tank of gas, bottled water, and they are asking women not to return alone. My prayers are will all of you who have been effected by this.

ClarkModerator
Meteorologist

Reged: Wed
Loc:
      #53841 - Tue Sep 06 2005 12:59 AM

Most areas of Kenner are actually not flooded, speaking to people there first hand, and most of Metairie is okay except for Old Metairie and other isolated locations. It's only the areas near the 17th St canal breach that were really hit with the flood waters. Jefferson Parish (where Kenner and Metairie are) will likely be up and running again in some capacity in 2-3 weeks, per the parish president.

--------------------
Current Tropical Model Output Plots
(or view them on the main page for any active Atlantic storms!)

not reg
Unregistered

#53923 - Tue Sep 06 2005 06:08 PM

NOAA has some aerial views that might help you.

http://ngs.woc.noaa.gov/katrina/KATRINA0000.HTM

SWright
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: concerned]
      #53935 - Tue Sep 06 2005 07:41 PM

I am looking for Mary A. Alexander from Metarie. Has anyone heard from her?
I haven't heard from her since the storm. Please say prayers for her safety and
please let me know if you hear from her.

victor
Unregistered

#53955 - Tue Sep 06 2005 10:31 PM

I work with a helicopter company in Louisiana and also live in Florida... So I was able to visit Metarie.. I left the New Orleans Airport and went down e and w esplanade then up and down Cleary street... to check on a friends house... Water looks like it came in about 3 feet with usual Hurricane Damage... Will take a lot of cleanup... But roads were clear.... Victor / inventorsfreehelp.com

LaVerne

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Metarie La [Re: Clark]
      #53985 - Wed Sep 07 2005 08:44 AM

Thank you for the information on Metarie. I am looking for an old friend who last lived in Metarie. His name is Gary Warren. The last time I saw him, he worked for the sherrif's office also. I am not sure if he still resides in Jefferson Parish, but I am concerned with his well being.

paangelfan
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: charli909]
      #53996 - Wed Sep 07 2005 09:43 AM

We're looking for information on an apartment in Metarie. The address is Georgia Ct. It is next to the Breakers apt complex. We have family that evacuted and have no idea if everything is gone.

Thanks so much.

Nana

Loc: Prince George, BC
Re: Metarie La [Re: paangelfan]
      #54054 - Wed Sep 07 2005 12:22 PM

I have a friend who lives on Christine St in Metarie. He went back home on Tuesday and miracle of miracles his house was totally spared. No water damage. No wind damage. He is one of the lucky ones. Praying for all of you...............

rcsuzie
Unregistered

#54172 - Thu Sep 08 2005 03:51 AM

Thanks for the info. I will check those streets on a map. Still don't know anything about Frank Landry, 6200 ackels

kati
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: rcsuzie]
      #54197 - Thu Sep 08 2005 08:32 AM

To everyone who is still looking for people, lease register the details of the person you are looking for on www.redcross.org
I suggest you do this both ways, i.e. surname then first name, and first name then surname because the search on the name is a bit primitive, checking from the first letter of the name thread only, as opposed for the string that you enter being present anywhere in the name.

Likewise, people who are from the affected areas and safe, please check this website and enter your details.

MaryB
Unregistered

Re: Metarie La [Re: paangelfan]
      #54519 - Sat Sep 10 2005 12:29 PM

I am looking for infomation on an apartment complex in Metarie. The address is 221 London Avenue. This is where my niece lives. She is safe in Wisconsin, but has very little information on the damage to her apartment. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 14055

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 20, 2024, 1:26:15 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center