Archives 2002-2009 >> 2002 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Lili, Kyle and ?
      #5435 - Thu Sep 26 2002 11:36 PM

Its late and I'm tired (we all are) so this will be short. Lili is far from dead - currently refiring nicely. Lili maintained a vigorous circulation all day so I was surprised when even the TD status was dropped. I'd expect Lili to soon start a more northwesterly motion and eventually enter the GOM. Kyle - the wildcard! He will weaken for a day or two, but don't think that the shear will be as strong as predicted. Would you believe Kyle hanging out near 25N in five days? - I would. Kyle should eventually reintensify. Isidore could provide quite a reinforcement to the ridge to his northwest when she pulls off to the northeast as a powerful extratropical system. Wave exiting the west African coast looks pretty good - and it has a circulation. Cape Verde season is running late. Give this system about a week (maybe less) and we'll have another Invest to watch. I suspect that Marco will arrive before this season wraps up.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: Lili, Kyle and ?
      #5439 - Fri Sep 27 2002 12:12 AM

hey ed, notice how the westpac got really quiet early this month? there are a couple going out there now, thinking that maybe if MJO is driving this crazy train.. that its about to pass on by. the downtime period over there was 20-25 days.. so when the basin shuts off, going to try a little experiment.. count it down and see if we get another burst when it comes back around. of course NAO switching phases and the effect of el niņo will have on the late season (have noticed basin shear increasing in the last few days).. are probably going to wreck my idea.. but im betting that some time near the middle or end of october we'll get another hit of maybe a couple of storms at once.
HF 0414z27september

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4016

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 18, 2024, 8:41:18 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center