General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
2501pinewood

Reged: Wed
Pascagoula ---Pinecrest?
      #52902 - Wed Aug 31 2005 10:27 AM

I haven't heard anything good about Pascagoula yet, but does anyone have any information on the Pinecrest subdivision that is confirmed? Especially the Pinewood/ Redwood Circle between Belair and 14th streets?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
oblefty
Unregistered

Re: Pascagoula ---Pinecrest? [Re: 2501pinewood]
      #52917 - Wed Aug 31 2005 10:54 AM

My mother and grandmother stayed at a house on 13th street, between Polk and Ingalls avenue, and they had water go over their cars, but since the house is somewhat raised no water got in the house. I have heard that evey home south of Bargain Annex had at least 3 feet of water.

Margie
Senior Storm Chaser

Reged: Fri
Loc: Twin Cities
Re: Pascagoula ---Pinecrest? [Re: 2501pinewood]
      #54992 - Sun Sep 18 2005 09:23 PM

Sorry so late replying to this...have been spending a lot of time providing feedback to a number of folks in a number of places if I could answer.

OK Pinecrest took about 4 feet, all the way up to the old Aquatic Club I hear, perhaps more like 3 feet up at that end. I grew up on Lynwood just three houses down from the Commisky's on the end (I knew Peggy and Chuck when I was growing up). My brother went back and looked and that house had water so that means pretty much all of Pinecrest.

I saw our old family friend Warren Lynch on a CNN video! Last time I saw Warren was at my dad's funeral two years ago. He and my dad worked together for about 50 years, from New York Ship in NJ, to NOLA for a couple years, before moving to MS to work at Ingalls in the mid-60s.

Warren was cleaning out his study and trying to find something that was salvagable from the water damage. Most photographs and memories gone. He'd hung an American flag over his garage and I think that is what led CNN to his house. They showed video of the water marks on his wall and definitely 4 feet, but he lives right off that curve just north of Ingalls ave off of BelAir.

His son Kevin lives in Mobile I think.

That video was on a CNN story and labeled "Pascagoula Damage;" don't know if it can be found online anymore.

--------------------
Katrina's Surge: http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/Katrinas_surge_contents.asp

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3907

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 20, 2024, 12:41:15 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center