Archives 2002-2009 >> 2006 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc: Polk County, Florida
October 3, 2005
      #57324 - Sun Sep 25 2005 07:37 PM

October 3, 2005 is a day of eclipse. I would like to offer the amateur prediction that whatever storm is forming or will form will begin to be tracked by this date. I would also like to state that I have an gut feeling that this storm will be somewhat overlooked due to the notariety of the last two. The name is so short that it is almost sure to be notorious for one reason or another by the end of the month of october. Stan it is going to be interesting in an odd way.

--------------------
God commands. Laymen guess. Scientists record.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: GuppieGrouper]
      #57328 - Sun Sep 25 2005 08:22 PM

i think its a littlllele to early for Stan, there was a wave that was being watched but the shear is tearign up, may have to watch it alittle later in the week, but nothing imminent as of now. Lets keep itthat way. Later in the season the cyclones that do form are usually out to sea or weakened by the droping SST's..not this year, the water is stilll warm enough.

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: Ryan]
      #57347 - Mon Sep 26 2005 12:30 PM

Invest is up today 99L He will be Stan and he will give the forecasters nightmares. It has to do with the Solar eclipse on Monday October 3, which will screw up some of the data. The storm will have everyone convinced it is going one direction and will politely turn and go another. It won't do a Charlie or Jeanne or Frances. But it will have everyone wondering, One of the reasons is because we have not had this kind of season in recent past and because the timing is off from the climate making historical models kind of "wrong". That cold front that is forecasted will kind mess things up as well. As for where he will land, that depends on strength and water temperatures by the time it does. ( How is that for being specific? ) I do know we will be contending with screw ups in weather through no fault of the technologists.

--------------------

Rookie
Unregistered

#57354 - Mon Sep 26 2005 03:47 PM

I like that the early computer models have would-be Stan going everywhere but Florida. What's got them going east and west but not up the gut?

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: Rookie]
      #57370 - Mon Sep 26 2005 08:56 PM

Until there is a definite center of circulation, the models are just spitting out what has happened in the past at this time under the current temperature, conditions and climate patterns.

--------------------

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Saint Marys Georgia
      #57372 - Mon Sep 26 2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Invest is up today 99L He will be Stan and he will give the forecasters nightmares. It has to do with the Solar eclipse on Monday October 3, which will screw up some of the data. The storm will have everyone convinced it is going one direction and will politely turn and go another. It won't do a Charlie or Jeanne or Frances. But it will have everyone wondering, One of the reasons is because we have not had this kind of season in recent past and because the timing is off from the climate making historical models kind of "wrong". That cold front that is forecasted will kind mess things up as well. As for where he will land, that depends on strength and water temperatures by the time it does. ( How is that for being specific? ) I do know we will be contending with screw ups in weather through no fault of the technologists.

Just curious, what do you base your forecast on? Just a hunch or do you see something in the models that lead you to this conclusion?

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: DebbiePSL]
      #57375 - Tue Sep 27 2005 08:14 AM

I study astronomy as well as weather. There is no real mystery to model interpretation, for anyone who understands that high pressure systems tend to feed into low pressure until it becomes stable. Low pressure such as in a tropical system will move until it comes near a ridge of high pressure. IT willl then follow the ridge of high pressure until it finds the weakest area to pass through. That is all I know about modeling.

As for meterology and astronomy. I know that the moon's gravitational pull on the tides also affects weather as well and that there is an eclipse on or around October the 3rd where the moon, sun and mars and earth, will be lined up in relation to each other and that this will influence weather patterns for extreme differences when comparing them. It remains to be seen if this extremeness will apply to a Tropical storm or hurricane. But that was the original post. It will be interesting to me to see what influence this eclipse does have.

--------------------

Tazmanian93
Weather Master

Reged: Sun
Loc: Tampa
      #57377 - Tue Sep 27 2005 09:27 AM

Here is much information surrounding the influences and impacts

http://www.aip.org/history/climate/solar.htm

--------------------
Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while.

Go Bucs!!!!!!!!!

Ed

HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: Tazmanian93]
      #57493 - Thu Sep 29 2005 06:25 PM

...then peeeace will guide the pla-a-nets....
and loooo-oooove will steer the stars!

solar eclipses are cool, but they have about as much to do with tropical cyclones as my dad's chickens did with building the pyramids in egypt.
HF 2225z29september

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: HanKFranK]
      #57521 - Fri Sep 30 2005 02:37 PM

Ah ha, so that is why those pyramids had heads and no bodies!!!!

--------------------

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

#57592 - Sun Oct 02 2005 12:54 PM

we now have a trackable storm. We also now have our own site meterologists scratching their heads over how this next phase of storms is going to play out. The problem with the weather now is that the climate does not lend clues as to how these systems are going to play against each other. I was looking at a list of storms that were S over at another site and there was only one in 1933 that was S. That is not a lot of climatology information to say what our S storm is going to be like much less how the surrounding systems will be effected.

Don't forget Sebastian in 1995, a central Atlantic storm that fizzled out as it reached the Lesser Antilles. --Clark

Edited by Clark (Mon Oct 03 2005 05:41 PM)

Ryan
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Long Island, NY / Stuart, FL
      #57599 - Sun Oct 02 2005 10:16 PM

see, i told you GuppieGrouper, it was to early to say this, it's Oct. 3rd tomorrow, and TS Stan is not giving forcasters nightmares, its just another storm theyre tracking into MEXICO.

--------------------
2006 Atlantic Season Summary:
Bad, But Not AS Bad.

Life's a Storm, Watch Your Back

sugar

Reged: Wed
Loc: Las Vegas, Nevada
      #57607 - Mon Oct 03 2005 02:22 AM

I agree with you Guppie.......so would Galileo.

--------------------
Those who's curiosity is easily satisfied only gain a fraction of knowledge...........

"If it has tires or testicles, you're going to have trouble with it"............words of wisdom from my Dad.

GuppieGrouper
Weather Master

Re: October 3, 2005 [Re: Ryan]
      #57608 - Mon Oct 03 2005 05:06 AM

Ryan have you seen the models for October 3 forward? They are incredible....

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7183

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 6:25:28 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center