General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
danielwAdministrator

Reged: Wed
Loc: Hattiesburg,MS (31.3N 89.3W)
Louisiana Road Closure Information
      #57289 - Sat Sep 24 2005 10:03 PM

This is a link to the current road closures in Louisiana.
http://www.lsp.org/roadandincident.nsf/$ViewAll?OpenView

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kimmie @ home
Unregistered

Re: Louisiana Road Closure Information [Re: danielw]
      #57314 - Sun Sep 25 2005 02:27 PM

Hi Danielw, I have not been on much lately, between, work, travel, and storm related stuff. What I wanted to know was how did Frank in Biloxi make out after Katrina? I had not heard anything, have not been able to read much until today, that is why I am inquiring.

My husband was in H/burg yesterday and said he saw a lot of trees down in the area, I hope you made it through ok!

We had wind, and tons of rain with Rita. With Katrina we had some rain and tons of wind! Lost the majority of our shingles and our ridge cap not to mention several, hugh branches falling out of the oaks we have in the back yard.

Looking forward to hearing your response on Frank, take care, Kimmie

mpool
Unregistered

Re: Louisiana Road Closure Information [Re: danielw]
      #58664 - Tue Oct 18 2005 09:51 AM

I will be traveling from Houston Texas to Gulfport Mississippi and I travel by I-10 then to I-12 to go around New Orleans and then back to I-10 to Gulfport. I have been looking on many sites and no one can tell me if I can go thru or not.. Can someone help me?? email me at mpool12345@yahoo.com Thanxxx

ClarkModerator
Meteorologist

Reged: Wed
Loc:
Re: Louisiana Road Closure Information [Re: mpool]
      #58788 - Tue Oct 18 2005 04:50 PM

I-10 is open in some way, shape, or form all the way across the northern Gulf coast. The twin span bridge connecting I-12 to the east side of the New Orleans area via I-10 has been -- or is about to be -- partially reopened. You should experience no trouble navigating the area along I-12, talking to people who have made the drive from here to New Orleans in the past week, but do be prepared for local closures/debris/damage as you near Gulfport off of the interstate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5335

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 24, 2024, 7:16:48 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center