Archives 2002-2009 >> 2006 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
rexlee

Reged: Wed
Would we be at risk?
      #59859 - Thu Oct 20 2005 12:09 AM

Me and some loved ones and friends are going down to FL tommorow morning (or might) for a weekend business semindar in the Caribe Royale Orlando Resort in Orlando until Sunday afternoon. My main concern, with Wilma everything should be ok right? There's no danger in going really especially in a hotel with back up power? Also, in regard to our flight back. From my understanding the effects are less inland and in a large hotel there should be nothing to worry about? Also what's the likelyhood of us coming home Sunday evening if our flight is scheduled to leave Sunday late afternoon from Orlando as well?Thanks ahead of time for any input. I can't find any phone numbers to call, I just called the hotel and asked the receptionist who claims she was there for Charlie last year which was a Cat 5 and they were fine ..

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
jim09091

Reged: Wed
Loc: Bonita Beach, FL / Boston, MA
Re: Would we be at risk? [Re: rexlee]
      #59897 - Thu Oct 20 2005 01:00 AM

charlie came ashore as a cat 4

i wouldn't be overly concerned in orlando..... stay away from trees.

travel out may be difficult depending on the exact course of the storm.

hipwaders
Unregistered

Fred, come get Wilma [Re: jim09091]
      #59939 - Thu Oct 20 2005 04:14 AM

Oh man,

I do NOT want to be hit by a storm named Wilma. Someone take this one back to Bedrock please?

Hipwaders ready (South of Tampa Bay)

RC - westcoast

Reged: Thu
looking for advice [Re: hipwaders]
      #60229 - Thu Oct 20 2005 03:43 PM

Hi,

I am probably towards the top of the list of people with no experience with Hurricanes... so I am looking for some opinion / advice:

My wife and I currently have plans to go to the northern bahamas arriving this Saturday morning... We don't want to put ourselves in danger, but don't want to cancel our trip either...

So my questions are these:

Will we be seen as crazy boarding a plane from Miami to Marsh Harbour on Saturday?

If the storm sees landfall as predicted in SW florida somewhere, what is the probable impact and risk in the Abacos?

After the storm passes (which looks like it is predicted to move quickly), what will the conditions most-liekely be in the bahmas? Will the water be totally cloudy/dirty, etc (in other words... if we go, and if the storm goes as predicted and then moves on, will we have the opportunity to enjoy the "caribbean water")???

Thanks!

--Rusty

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4242

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 19, 2024, 8:06:10 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center