Archives 2002-2009 >> 2006 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
gerryfcds

Reged: Fri
Crazy high wind T-storm in Miami late last night
      #61059 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:30 PM

Anyone else here in Miami area wake up at 3am to the sound of howling wind, rattling windows and thunder? Im at UM, and me and frieds all recall this crazy short lived storm late last night. Result of Wilma? i cant imagine, we are on the other side of the peninsula, and about 2-3days from hurricane landfall.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DebbieInFla

Reged: Wed
Re: Crazy high wind T-storm in Miami late last night [Re: gerryfcds]
      #61069 - Fri Oct 21 2005 09:45 PM

I am in Punta Gorda (remember Charley?). We have been getting cloudy skies and some rain associated with Wilma since late yesterday. The clouds/ storms associated with a hurricane extend out 100's of miles, and I do not doubt what you described was an outer band. Of course I am not too knowledgable in the science of it, just what I can see on the weather maps, and what I have experienced in the past.

DebbiePSL
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Saint Marys Georgia
Re: Crazy high wind T-storm in Miami late last night [Re: gerryfcds]
      #61173 - Fri Oct 21 2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Anyone else here in Miami area wake up at 3am to the sound of howling wind, rattling windows and thunder? Im at UM, and me and frieds all recall this crazy short lived storm late last night. Result of Wilma? i cant imagine, we are on the other side of the peninsula, and about 2-3days from hurricane landfall.

I am in Port St Lucie and we had torrential rain and some winds here also around that same time, maybe it was between 4 and 5 am and the Met on channel 5 this morning said the rain here in St lucie was from Wilma. I thought that was odd but that is what he said.I was watching Dean T on 5 in WPB, I really like the team of mets there, Dean and Steve the most.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4300

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 2:45:37 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center