News Talkback >> 2006 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Weather456
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Sun
Tropical Activity
      #68101 - Mon Jul 17 2006 09:37 AM

Tropics Today
A tropical wave located 23W/24W, south of 16N, and moving west at 10-15knots has strong clusters of showers, just off the coast of Africa. Future of this storms is uncertain due large area of dust infront of it and wind shear.

A tropical wave over the open Atlantic is near 55 west, south of 22 north. This wave is moving westward at about 20 mph and will begin to impact the Lesser Antilles with some squally weather as early as Monday morning. While development is not immediately anticipated, this wave will need to be watched.

There is another tropical wave in the Caribbean along 74 west, south of 18 north. It continues to cause thunderstorms over Hispaniola and Jamaica. It is moving to the west at about 10-15 mph. No immediate development is expected, but thunderstorms may increase over the western Caribbean Sunday night and Monday.

Last, but not least, an area of low pressure off the Carolina Coast will move very slowly over the next day or so. This system will be over the warm waters of the Gulf Stream and may begin to show tropical characteristics as it moves slowly northward over the next couple of days.

Figure 1: Tropical Atlantic

Figure 2: Water Vapor Imagery of Atlantic

--------------------
Weather456

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HanKFranK
User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Graniteville, SC
Re: Tropical Activity [Re: Weather456]
      #68106 - Mon Jul 17 2006 10:34 AM

Wow, not bad. How in the world did you get those shots to upload? I'm not having any luck and I'm a danged moderator. This covers some of the same stuff I just put in a new thread on the main page, and I'm going to reference this post since it shows things much more colorfully, and has a very balanced take on what's going on.
HF 1434z17july

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2382

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 20, 2024, 10:07:32 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center