General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
The Tropics Today - A New Forum
      #68364 - Mon Jul 24 2006 09:18 PM

Here is a place where you can post your own summaries of the various features in the tropical Atlantic Basin, or on a single feature if you wish, and others can reply to your post. Discussions on everything from easterly waves to major hurricanes and other features that can influence them are permitted here. One-line posts are also allowed as long as they have some useful merit , however, a short post just to say 'Thank You' or 'I agree' should not be posted here - use the Private Message (PM) capability instead for these messages.

If you are only going to make a Forecast for a feature without any rationale/reasoning for your forecast, please use the Forecast Lounge. The site Moderators realize that some reasonable speculation is necessary in this Forum, so the 3T Forum will be less strictly moderated - with the following exceptions:
1. No personal attacks
2. No abusive language
3. No 'wishcasting'
4. No ads or political agendas.

Since the prime purpose of CFHC is to focus on the Atlantic Basin, you should still use the Other Basins forum for posts on tropical cyclones in other oceanic areas. Finally, read the Forum Description before you post here - in other words, make sure that you are posting your comments in the proper forum. To those of you that asked for this new place to post - Enjoy!
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Kraig
Weather Hobbyist

Reged: Sun
Loc: Jupiter, Fl
Re: Gustav Approaching Louisiana, Hanna Slowly Drifting Westward [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #83638 - Mon Sep 01 2008 09:28 AM

SFWMD now posting "Storm 09" instead of Invest 97. They must expect that the invest will be upgraded to TD9 very soon!

http://my.sfwmd.gov/portal/page?_pageid=3194,21328260,3194_21169354:3194_21260388:3194_21260861&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

--------------------
2022 forecast 21/11/4; 0/0/0 as of 6/1

South FL Native: David ('79), Floyd ('87), Andrew ('92), Georges ('98), Irene ('99), Charlie, Frances & Jeanne ('04), Wilma ('05), Matthew ('16), Irma ('17), Dorian ('19) and Isaias (20)

Random Chaos
Weather Analyst

Reged: Sat
Loc: Maryland
Re: Gustav Approaching Louisiana, Hanna Slowly Drifting Westward [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #83641 - Mon Sep 01 2008 09:44 AM

NRL also reporting Tropical Depression 9.

ltpat228
Storm Tracker

Reged: Tue
Loc: Port Saint Lucie FL
Re: TD 9 [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #83647 - Mon Sep 01 2008 10:50 AM

deleted by author

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 11516

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 18, 2024, 11:23:19 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center