News Talkback >> 2006 Storm Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Area of Interest - Tropical Depression #7
      #73611 - Sun Sep 10 2006 09:50 PM

Invest 93L will be upgraded to TD #7 at 11/03Z with NHC issuing the initial bulletins at that time. NRL has now changed the identifier on the public access site to NONAME 07. The tropical cyclone is rather small and centered somewhere near 19.5N 55W or about 500+ miles east of the northern Leeward Islands. The system has been moving west to west northwest at about 10mph for most of today. Most of the tropical models keep it well out to sea and it will probably take a couple of runs for the global models to stabilize on this system. Something new to comment on this week.
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cieldumort

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Area of Interest - Tropical Depression #7 [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #73613 - Sun Sep 10 2006 10:15 PM

Most recent QuikScat pass was less than flattering of it. Seems most of the impressive vectors were rain contaminated, but even if it is a clarity problem, it is hard to argue that the winds aren't awfully unidirectional, for the most part, and as such, I would still expect to see better indication of at least some turning near the apparent MCV. Could maybe use some imagination to come up with a closed LLC.. but for now I just chalk this one up as another example of my wishing for more recon, buoys, etc., leaving all of us to interpret 93 the best we can with some fairly imprecise tools.

--------------------
Fully vaccinated as of May 2021
(Moderna x2)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4840

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 3:59:38 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center