Archives 2002-2009 >> 2006 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
allan
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
Still Quiet
      #74130 - Mon Nov 06 2006 03:25 PM

It is quiet. Though the CMC model continues to develop a tropical storm to hit Florida then out to sea! Other than that. I believe that there will be at least one more name to use, then that should be it. El Nino is strong now but it should weaken by next years Hurricane Season. Look at 1997 and 1998. Compare and contrast those 2 seasons. 1997 was just like this one and 1998 was more active. Hurricane Mitch developed that year with becoming the second strongest storm in the Atlantic Basin at that time. Wilma beat her up to it. Just think about that. Next year may not be so quiet.

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
allan
Weather Master

Re: Still Quiet [Re: allan]
      #74163 - Mon Nov 20 2006 08:42 AM

Invest 94L.. it really should now be an invest area. Has a great signature to it, pressures are falling, what is up with the NHC? Hurricane Season is not over till November 30th. They need to tag this very soon before people start getting confused on why it is not an invest area. The CMC model did it again! First Alberto now what could be Joyce.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/rb-l.jpg
I'm calling it invest 94L now.

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

cieldumort

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
      #74165 - Mon Nov 20 2006 12:47 PM

I see you already have some comments up on this feature, Allan. I concur- this just about warrants a good Invest tagging now. On the plus side, rotation already is clearly evident in the mid-levels, and arguably is working down to the surface, as well. Convection is moderate and sometimes numerous, and generally turning with the mid-level rotation, albeit just gently. On the negatives, shear in the area is still running the gamut from hurtful to detrimental.

--------------------
Fully vaccinated as of May 2021
(Moderna x2)

allan
Weather Master

#74199 - Thu Nov 30 2006 12:23 AM

hmm the shear in the western Caribbean has lightened a bit and a huge flare up on X95L has blown up a bit more today. We may need to tag this once again just in case it does something. Looks ok, still needs alot of work to gain a TD, could it happen though? We need to watch it, wont affect us here in the USA but Central America.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/watl/avn-l.jpg

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6984

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 16, 2024, 2:54:41 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center