General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
allan
Weather Master

Reged: Thu
Loc: Palm Coast, Florida
HUGE burst off the Carolinas!!!
      #75777 - Tue Jul 10 2007 11:47 AM

I don't understand why it's not being mentioned, but a huge convection area off North Carolina looks impessive.. the best blob this season in my opinion. CMC had something out of this last week. Can't say shear is unfavorable when it's only at 10-15 in that area.. something to really watch today and tommorrow. I expect NHC to mention this in the 5:30 outlook, if it keeps the convection or grows more. As for the sa blobs, nothing developing!! Normal for blow ups to occur in the ITCZ. What really should be watched is whats right next door, even though it's probably most likely gonna head out to sea.

2:18 p.m. - The blob has finally been mentioned in the 2:05 discussion.. it is a trough of low pressure.. I still would watch it, it looks better this afternoon.

--------------------
Allan Reed - 18,9,5

Edited by allan (Tue Jul 10 2007 02:20 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3232

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 29, 2024, 2:52:22 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center