General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Analysis
      #75804 - Sat Jul 14 2007 06:07 PM

Some of the usual speculation on the various tropical waves that are crossing the pond, but they are all entrenched in the ITCZ - and the ITCZ itself is still too far to the south. Although the MJO has shifted positive, it takes changes in other parameters before a TD can boil up. Scottsvb's analysis on the Main Page article seems realistic - nothing of consequence for awhile yet. When any model generates something within the ITCZ itself, I tend to ignore it. The current waves are staying well south and seem to be stuck on a track that takes them into northern South America. If you want to watch a long shot, I'd monitor the wave at 15N 3W (at 14/18Z) over western Africa - it should move off the west African coast at a slightly higher latitude in a few days.
Cheers,
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ftlaudbob
Storm Chaser

Reged: Tue
Loc: Valladolid,Mx
Re: Analysis [Re: Ed Dunham]
      #75806 - Sat Jul 14 2007 10:09 PM

I agree the waves have been to far south.For people that may not know why that makes a difference,When a wave is south or closer to the equater it can not get the "spin" going.There are bigger words to discribe this but that is it in layman terms.But things should start "cooking" soon.

--------------------

Survived: 10 hurricanes in Rhode Island,Florida and the Yucatan of Mexico .

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3683

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 18, 2024, 8:19:09 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center