News Talkback >> 2008 Forecast Lounge

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Reged: Mon
Loc: Brooksville,Florida
Interesting Little wave Im seeing...
      #80344 - Tue Jul 08 2008 02:03 PM

As I was checking On Bertha I Looked at this satellite View and I noticed a Bit of a Swirl that Has been Keepen Its Spin Since Last Night. Its Fresh Off the coast of Africa. you can see it here http://www.baynews9.com/TropicalUpdate.html

Anyone else noticed this?

--------------------
Is it me or am I the Only Person who thinks the NHC Needs Some Better names to go along with our Present Day&time.....?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kpost

Reged: Tue
Loc:
Re: Interesting Little wave Im seeing... [Re: Freezey]
      #80345 - Tue Jul 08 2008 02:28 PM

i am new and learning but at 120 hrs all 3 of these model show something. and it may be what your seeing.
the GFDL has it as a TD. if this could be something let me know, it will help me learn.

gfdl
gfs

hwrf

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Interesting Little wave Im seeing... [Re: kpost]
      #80346 - Tue Jul 08 2008 04:10 PM

You Must Have given me the wrong link but thats Bertha on the links you posted above. I'll Look up something here.

--------------------
Is it me or am I the Only Person who thinks the NHC Needs Some Better names to go along with our Present Day&time.....?

kpost

Reged: Tue
Loc:
      #80347 - Tue Jul 08 2008 05:50 PM

Bertha is in them but there is something 5 days behind her.

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Interesting Little wave Im seeing... [Re: kpost]
      #80351 - Tue Jul 08 2008 09:28 PM

oops my mistake.Ims till learning myself.

anywho I see what your talking about.If this holds up until tomorrow we may see something new ahead.

--------------------

typhoon_tip
Meteorologist

Reged: Wed
      #80383 - Wed Jul 09 2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

As I was checking On Bertha I Looked at this satellite View and I noticed a Bit of a Swirl that Has been Keepen Its Spin Since Last Night. Its Fresh Off the coast of Africa. you can see it here http://www.baynews9.com/TropicalUpdate.html

Anyone else noticed this?

The 12Z CMC model develops this into a depressing and gets it all the way to the Islands in by day 6.

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Interesting Little wave Im seeing... [Re: typhoon_tip]
      #80384 - Wed Jul 09 2008 08:54 PM

Its still Keeping Up ints spinning.Aswell as this other one. approaching the Winward Islands.. http://www.baynews9.com/TropicalUpdate.html

Im using one of my local news website Until I get more familiar with this stuff.

--------------------

Hurricane29
Weather Guru

Loc: Miami Florida
      #80385 - Wed Jul 09 2008 09:25 PM

2 TC'S in early mid july??

NHC @ 8pm....

...TROPICAL WAVES...

TROPICAL WAVE ALONG 32W SOUTH OF 14N MOVING WEST NEAR 15 KT.
ALTHOUGH THE WAVE IS AT A FAIRLY LOW LATITUDE AND OF LOW
AMPLITUDE IT CONSISTS OF A WELL ORGANIZED LOW LEVEL CIRCULATION
WITH POCKETS OF MODERATE CONVECTION DEVELOPING.

Edited by Hurricane29 (Wed Jul 09 2008 09:26 PM)

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Interesting Little wave Im seeing... [Re: Hurricane29]
      #80386 - Thu Jul 10 2008 12:28 AM

: This is getting me worried about the rest of this year season,Especially how powerful Bertha got so shortly....with me being in Florida's West Coast next to the gulf I realy hope we wont see any Huge Monster Canes near land.

--------------------

Ed in Va
Weather Master

Reged: Fri
Loc:
Tropical low Monday? [Re: Freezey]
      #80397 - Fri Jul 11 2008 11:42 AM

Anyone else picking up on this from Henry Margusity's blog on Accuweather...this is the second day he's mentioned it..

6. I remain concerned that the front gets held up along the Eastern Seaboard Monday, and a tropical low will develop along the coast and move north. Heavy rains may develop along the front, and I can see how someone could end up with 3-5 inches of rain from New England down to eastern Virginia.

--------------------
Survived Carol and Edna '54 in Maine. Guess this kind of dates me!

Storm Hunter
Veteran Storm Chaser

Loc: Panama City Beach, Fl.
      #80405 - Fri Jul 11 2008 10:14 PM

well the Cape Verde season is open now in my opinion... Bertha kicked it off... and now looks like we could have TD 2 in the next 72 hrs out in the central atlantic... GFS is taking it a lot further south then Bertha's run... which it wouldn't susprise me if this came close to the carribean islands and or impacted the northern leewards...

Have to say GFS... seems to be doing good so far this year...

--------------------
www.Stormhunter7.com ***see my flight into Hurricane Ike ***
Wx Data: KFLPANAM23 / CW8771
2012== 23/10/9/5 sys/strms/hurr/majh

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Interesting Little wave Im seeing... [Re: Storm Hunter]
      #80407 - Sat Jul 12 2008 01:24 AM

I Just gone done viewing thins. http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs...d_some_hype.asp

I see over at Accuweather they are also picking up something developing soon...theyre just trying to figure out from wich of the few tropical waves it will emerge from.

OK EDIT: well its 8:58 am and this feature I have been tracking has greatyl imrpoved IMO...looks like we may have a new TD within the 24 hours. the funny thing is there is another small circulation not far from the African coast,then we have a strong wave of energy comming off it later this week.then theres this little roation in the lower GOM though i doubt it will get far as its very close to land.Also Im trying to find it but i found a model on these L's and it showed a posible low developing right off of FL,and 2 in the carribean almost at the same exact time.... this will be very interesting.

--------------------

Edited by Freezey (Sat Jul 12 2008 08:58 AM)

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Tropical low Monday? [Re: Freezey]
      #80409 - Sat Jul 12 2008 09:00 AM

It's showing better signs of devlopment now.may have a new TD within 24 hours or so. maybe more than2 or more by the end of next week

--------------------

MissBecky
Weather Guru

Reged: Thu
Loc: Ft. Myers, FL
Re: Tropical low Monday? [Re: Freezey]
      #80413 - Sat Jul 12 2008 10:35 AM

CMC and NOGAPS are picking up on this as well. In fact, the Canadian model takes a new system straight into the Leeward Islands. Definitely something to keep an eye on in the upcoming days.

craigm
Storm Tracker

Loc: Palm City, Florida
Re: Tropical low Monday? [Re: MissBecky]
      #80417 - Sat Jul 12 2008 12:53 PM

I agree. I think we will see the 'possible cyclone formation warning' by tonight or tomorrow, with this closed low approaching 40W in 72 hours.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/tafb_latest/atlsfc72_latestBW.gif

--------------------
Why I'm here:
Weather hobbyist

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Tropical low Monday? [Re: craigm]
      #80425 - Sat Jul 12 2008 10:32 PM

Now we have a Big mess here in the Atlantic. Its basically a large wave with 2-3 circulations in it but from what I have been seeing develop since yesterday.However in cases like this the dominate circulation usually kills of the weaker ones&grows. We should know something more 24 hours from now. this model now picks up something potentially growing large heading in the gulf if it does develop.The real question is now wich circulation will it be. http://www.stormjunkie.com/pages/modelink/gfslr.html

&the NHC Is now giving it some attention atlast. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh/MIATWDAT+shtml/122341.shtml?

--------------------

Edited by Freezey (Sat Jul 12 2008 10:35 PM)

Freezey
Verified CFHC User

Re: Bertha Stalls SSE of Bermuda, Watching Two Other Things [Re: Freezey]
      #80510 - Mon Jul 14 2008 06:57 PM

The GFS doesnt seem to be picking up 94L around 78 Hours on the recent run.Itl pick it up,then lose it again.

I was thinking that it could be from it Lossing some convection ,then gaining it back. I also Like to note that the Dry are on the west side of 94L is sort of delaying its intensification a bit...I must say with this one its going to take awhile to get going.I Know its bad to go on gut feelings on situations like this but I can see 94L doing a big comeback when it gets passed the Islands ahead.

--------------------

weathernet
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Elsewhere
Re: Bertha Stalls SSE of Bermuda, Watching Two Other Things [Re: Freezey]
      #80525 - Tue Jul 15 2008 12:02 AM

As an aside, to whether or not 94L "should" or "should not" develop furher, I again notice this evening that latest 0Z GFS is hardly impressed with the system, as was in much earlier runs. GFDL from the 18Z does recognize 94L, albeit barely, and somewhat strengthens the systems and moves it westward under appearant low level to deep level 285 motion.

I was most impressed with how GFS sniffed out Bertha, and would be even moreso if in fact it accurately continues to have a seemingly good read on what thus far, has only proven evident of a somewhat shallow system ( despite my own thoughts to the contrary ).

Post moved to proper Forum... regarding forecast models.

Edited by Storm Cooper (Tue Jul 15 2008 12:08 AM)

MiamiCanes

Reged: Thu
Re: CV Waves [Re: Freezey]
      #80924 - Wed Jul 23 2008 01:05 AM

Quote:

GFS shows a lot happening in the next couple weeks comming off Africa
http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/carib/gfs/18/index_pcp_m_loop.shtml

how do you read this map?

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  MikeC, Ed Dunham, danielw 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 9681

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 10:24:30 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center