General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
He'e Nalu

Reged: Wed
Tiny little swirl...
      #81164 - Wed Aug 06 2008 11:45 AM

...east of the central Bahamas. Visible loop seems to show it holding together, and a few thunderstorms keep popping up near its "center", but golly is it ever small! Any thoughts from anyone who actually knows a little something about this sort of thing?

Also, it looks to be coming right at us, here in Florida.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
JoshuaK
Weather Guru

Reged: Mon
Loc: Lakeland, FL
Re: Tiny little swirl... [Re: He'e Nalu]
      #81165 - Wed Aug 06 2008 11:50 AM

I was just about to make mention of it as one of three areas of interests this morning. It's the remains of an invest, don't remember which one, but although the convection doesn't appear to be too present, I think it will be something to definitly keep an eye on as it approaches the gulf stream current.

kpost

Reged: Tue
Loc:
Re: Tiny little swirl... [Re: JoshuaK]
      #81167 - Wed Aug 06 2008 12:24 PM

its the remains of L99

cieldumortModerator

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Tiny little swirl... [Re: He'e Nalu]
      #81168 - Wed Aug 06 2008 01:45 PM

At one time this feature was a very well-developed tropical low over the far eastern Atlantic, but which then ran into cooler waters, and later still ran into a very imposing wall of dry air and shear. It lost its closed low and has been an open wave for the past few days, but there are some indications that it could be trying to close off again as it encounters a region where surface winds are already blowing out of the north to northwest ahead of it.

The upcoming environment for any redevelopment is pretty marginal, and it probably has less than three days left with which to do anything before shear becomes much too prohibitive again, but it's worth keeping a casual eye on. This little wave should probably have its own tv reality show by now, given all it has been through, while yet remaining intact.

hwoodward
Unregistered

Small but worth watching... [Re: cieldumort]
      #81191 - Fri Aug 08 2008 11:19 PM

Looks to me like the feature at 8N 39W has a good yet small circulation to it. Will be interesting to see if this maintains through the night. If it does I think it has a shot at being the next invest.

It is embedded in adequate moisture and is south and west of the dust.

I give it a 30% chance of being tagged.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 18 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 5773

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 6:38:28 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center