General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Ackerley

Reged: Wed
Prepping for large scale disaster
      #85503 - Wed May 27 2009 11:34 AM

I try to do all the right things for the environment – I drive a hybrid, I ride my bike or walk when I can, I buy all natural products, organics, etc. But I can’t help but worry about what were to happen if what myself, and others do, is not enough. The climate is changing, there are more dangerous storms, and overall more danger out there today. What is being done when it comes to emergency disaster preparedness?? I can only do so much. Is the government doing anything? After all, we don’t want another FEMA situation like in New Orleans. I would like to hear of any news references or websites I can check out that talk about local, US, or even international disasters. We’re all part of the same world; most likely it’s going to call for a joint effort to be as prepared as possible.

“All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.” Samuel Butler

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BEST Cleaning & Disaster Restoration Services

Reged: Fri
Loc: Durango, CO
Re: Prepping for large scale disaster [Re: Ackerley]
      #86872 - Fri Sep 04 2009 11:18 AM

The CDC seems to have a fairly comprehensive and user friendly guide to disasters which can be found here:
http://www.bt.cdc.gov/disasters/

I hope that helped.

~Pat

--------------------

We deal with water, fire, mold, and sewage in the Four Corners area of Colorado and New Mexico as well as disaster work nation wide.

aman

Reged: Thu
      #88058 - Thu Jul 01 2010 08:14 PM

in regards to your post Ackerley, I am defintely with you as we have to do what we can without relying on anyone else.

I DO however see some news here and there about government assistance for hurricane related instances, for example: impact windows This is a fantastic incentive that I have seen in order to encourage S Florida residents to better prepare for storms, wouldn't you agree this is something beneficial?

Gearz

Reged: Sat
      #92457 - Sat Mar 10 2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

I can check out that talk about local, US, or even international disasters. We’re all part of the same world; most likely it’s going to call for a joint effort to be as prepared as possible.

One to check out is AlwaysPrepared.info. Enjoy. AlwaysPrepared.Info

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 8342

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 18, 2024, 10:37:18 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center