General Discussion >> Disaster Forum

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
rhaswell79

Reged: Mon
Protecting myself during a disaster situation
      #87033 - Fri Oct 23 2009 01:42 PM

I really want to better protect my home and my family in the case of a natural disaster or attack. Looking back on disasters like Hurricane Katrina, I know people started to loot homes and steal from stores. I have a gun that I keep tucked away, but it’s been a while since I’ve brushed up on my skills. I live in the San Diego area, and am looking for shooting ranges, places to go, and classes to take that can help when it comes to protecting your home. I’ve considered taking a self defense class, or other classes offered in my area. Any advice on where to start? What are some good places to go?

“Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.” Steven Wright

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
rhaswell79

Reged: Mon
Re: Ida's Gone, Season Almost Over [Re: rhaswell79]
      #87351 - Mon Nov 30 2009 06:47 PM

Even though it doesn't seem like there is any bad weather yet, I would still recommend to have a natural disaster plan . I mean you never know when a natural disaster will occur, and if you weren't prepared, how would you even be able take all of the necessary precautions? If we look back in history, a lot of people could have been saved from previous weather disasters if they had disaster procedures. Anyways, glad Ida's gone, but I would recommend to stay on your toes!

(Links deleted and post moved to the appropriate Forum.)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Mon Nov 30 2009 10:13 PM)

jodysmith
Unregistered

Re: Protecting myself during a disaster situation [Re: rhaswell79]
      #87362 - Wed Jan 13 2010 01:19 AM

Hello,
Disaster is a word which is capable of having spine chilling effect even on verbal use. All of us want to avoid them and stay as far from them as possible. But certain circumstances are beyond our control so we must have a backup protection in this case. There should not be any scope of recklessness in it .

(Commercial link deleted.)

Edited by Ed Dunham (Wed Jan 13 2010 04:55 PM)

dhigler

Reged: Fri
Re: Protecting myself during a disaster situation [Re: rhaswell79]
      #87370 - Fri Feb 19 2010 09:03 PM

Doing some very minimal research on the internet should give you everything you are looking for. Generator for power backup, food stockpiling, gas, etc. You'll need all of it and more. Use this forum as one of those tools in your preparedness.

Edited by Ed Dunham (Sat Feb 20 2010 09:11 PM)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 6623

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 7:09:52 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center