General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
weathernet
Storm Tracker

Reged: Sat
Loc: Elsewhere
Lookin' towards Africa
      #88219 - Tue Jul 20 2010 02:40 PM

Just another impressive looking wave coming off the African coast. Though likely to lose most of its convection after fully expanded over water, I think this might be one to keep an eye one. Still early for the typical Cape Verde season to get going, I will be curious to see if any semblance of low/mid level structure is maintained, just to start "re-emerging" a few days from now. If so, might certainly seem to indicate that the much anticipated "light switch" for a busy Atlantic Hurricane season has been switched to the ON position.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Ed DunhamAdministrator
Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017)

Reged: Sun
Loc: Melbourne, FL
Re: Lookin' towards Africa [Re: weathernet]
      #88239 - Tue Jul 20 2010 10:58 PM

I wouldn't jump for the 'light switch' just yet, but that one wave does indeed have some potential a few more days down the road. The wave ahead of it did dissipate - but it also put the SAL in check for the moment.
ED

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2777

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 12:25:17 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center