General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
MichaelA
Weather Analyst

Reged: Thu
Loc: Pinellas Park, FL
Quiet out there.
      #88525 - Mon Jul 26 2010 11:45 AM

The SAL has reached well into the Caribbean, but there is a moisture surge that came off the African coast a day or two ago. The "wave train" over the African continent has not set up yet, and there really isn't anything of note all the way back to the Indian subcontinent. In fact, it appears that the Arabian Sea has a fair amount of shear over it. It may be another week or two before the Cape Verde region starts to "heat" up.

--------------------
Michael

PWS

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jasonch
Weather Watcher

Reged: Mon
Loc: Texas
Re: Quiet out there. [Re: MichaelA]
      #88526 - Mon Jul 26 2010 12:46 PM

It may start to pick up around the 2nd week of august. At least tha is what JB with Accuweather is saying.

WesnWylie
Weather Guru

Reged: Sat
Loc:
Re: Quiet out there. [Re: Jasonch]
      #88533 - Tue Jul 27 2010 11:41 AM

I think the start of the more active tropical activity will begin by the latter half of the first week of August-probably after the 3rd or 4th. Before then, however, I think the Eastern Pacific may see a system develop around the end of this month. If there are any areas to watch in the Western Atlantic before August, it would likely be along the ITCZ near Central and South America and to a lesser degree the GOM. The Caribbean is pretty shot, as far as being favorable for development, for the next 4-7 days until the SAL can cycle out more.

--------------------
2011 Season Forecast: 16/09/04
2011 Systems: 10/01/01

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3338

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 29, 2024, 8:53:21 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center