General Discussion >> Site Updates, Suggestions and Questions

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
cieldumortModerator

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Flhurricane on Facebook
      #94676 - Wed Aug 14 2013 02:05 PM

Yes, Flhurricane is on Facebook!

For those wishing to follow along on Facebook here is the link. Generally speaking, Flhurricane's Facebook site will post a few snippet-sized intros that are automatically uploaded to Facebook from the Flhurricane.com website. Most other updates to the Facebook page are currently developed by our very knowledgeable Weather Analyst Bill Berry.

For full analysis, updates and discussions, the Flhurricane.com website itself is recommended, which is more strictly moderated as well.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
berrywr
Weather Analyst

Reged: Fri
Loc: Opelika, AL
Re: Flhurricane on Facebook [Re: cieldumort]
      #94680 - Wed Aug 14 2013 05:23 PM

That would be me! We're closing in on 1000 members. I'm a former USAF weather forecaster who currently is a full-time college mathematics major student. A quick heads up about the Facebook page...Snippets from here at the main website post information automatically or at least I assume it's automatic and if not, I owe a debt of gratitude to whomever is posting it. I don't have the time to do both FLHurricane and Facebook between my family life and college classes at the ripe age of 53. As everybody knows FLHurricane.com is tightly moderated and I do the same thing over on the Facebook page. I welcome questions but to the subject at hand. By that I mean, please don't post what's happening at your house, your friend's house, the latest vortex message, what you think...all of that can be done here at the main page. We're going to post as much information from the various NOAA agencies and Academic meteorology departments as we can but we're going to stay on point. I will re-analyze charts as they pertain to what these agencies are talking about and when there's a storm in the neighborhood write my own discussion and make that available on Facebook. You're welcome to contact me on my personal Facebook page...currently I have a minion as my profile picture and if not that, a sleeping black labrador retriever sitting up. I'm in Warm Springs, GA. Y'all take care and have a wonderful day; thank you!

--------------------
Sincerely,

Bill Berry

"Survived Trigonometry and Calculus I"

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 6 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2241

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated April 19, 2024, 9:56:10 PM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center