General Discussion >> The Tropics Today

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
doug
Weather Analyst

Reged: Mon
Loc: parrish,fl
Western Caribbean-east of Belize
      #94807 - Fri Sep 20 2013 10:40 AM

While 95L winds down I could not help but notice a curious cyclonic spin in the low levels just east of Belize. This is part of what was left behind as 95L's circulation crossed the Yucatan, and has been repressed southward by the trough that is entering the Caribbean now...The "discussion" attributes this activity to difluence, but the cyclonic twist caught my eye...

--------------------
doug

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
cieldumortModerator

Reged: Mon
Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Western Caribbean-east of Belize [Re: doug]
      #94808 - Fri Sep 20 2013 02:32 PM

I think that this is actually not primarily a "wake" of 95L, so much as the disturbance is actually forming on the northernmost nose of an expansive ne-sw oriented monsoon trough, which has been drawn up and across Central America from the eastern Pacific, and is indeed in the lower levels. Agree that it bears watching .. with the caveat that so many waves this season were just made for mongering, and not much else.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  CFHC, MikeC, Ed Dunham, Colleen A., danielw, Clark, RedingtonBeachGuy, SkeetoBite, Bloodstar, tpratch, typhoon_tip, cieldumort 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2042

Rate this topic

Jump to

Mobile Home - Login - Normal Flhurricane Site
This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources.
Generated March 28, 2024, 9:50:31 AM EDT
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center